Thread: Banned from selling totally legal products

Forum Newbie
    Isle Of Bute, Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom
    View well-tech.ltd's Feedback (+1105)
    All-About well-tech.ltd
    View well-tech.ltd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Banned from selling totally legal products

I have been banned from selling my normal products by Ebid under their 'recopied media' policy, despite the fact that I don't sell recopied media. My company manufactures discs for various software authors and distributors as well as musicians etc. The discs are manufactured on state of the art equipment and are not cdrs. As a by product of this we also produce public domain/freeware cd's which you will sometimes see for sale in shops and service stations and we have been prevented from selling these on ebid.

Can someone explain to me (as support won't) why they would ban a software manufacturer from selling originally produced discs while allowing other sellers to sell cdrs in total contravention of their policy ?

I cannot believe that admin has not told you why they have banned your items.

Have you explained fully the nature of your disks? ( ie copyright implications)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    All-About well-tech.ltd
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down

Absolutely. The e mail I got unsuspending my EBid and forum accounts told me my items would be removed if placed again. I have tried to enter into a dialogue about it and been ignored basically.

At the moment, I feel as if I have been ripped off for the Seller + fee while they have sanctioned other sellers to sell copied software on cdr.

Not a happy bunny with ERipoff at the moment :-(

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

My company manufactures discs for various software authors and distributors as well as musicians etc.

================================================== =========

hi , not sure if this has anything to do with your problem...your are registered as individual...yet you say ...your company ?????..
    just a thought.....if you have been here for a few years ....have you sold these discs before ???..but I do think ebid should say what the real problem is.....perhaps a competitor has complained.....??????....hope you get it sorted....

Forum Newbie
    All-About well-tech.ltd
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    [B]

hi , not sure if this has anything to do with your problem...your are registered as individual...yet you say ...your company ?????..
    just a thought.....if you have been here for a few years ....have you sold these discs before ???..but I do think ebid should say what the real problem is.....perhaps a competitor has complained.....??????....hope you get it sorted....
    Hi, I registered here years ago but only started using it recently after paying for the Seller + (refugee from E**y). I don't ever remember seeing a difference for company/private registration but have updated it now with VAT and Co Reg details but I don't expect that to make a difference.

To be honest, I would really just like an answer as all I have got from them so far is a mail saying I can't sell them here, coz the lawyers said so. They do however allow other sellers to sell CDRs, which totally goes against their 'recopied media' policy.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It does seem peculiar that you wouldn't be able to sell original, manufactured discs to which you own copyright. It smacks a little of misunderstanding on eBid's part. If you think the exchange with support isn't getting anywhere, it might be worth making a new post to the "suggestions and glitches" forum, suggesting that the refusal is a glitch, and explaining why. That forum does get some over-view from the owners from time to time and they *might* see it, and *might* step in, if they feel the situation warrants it. And you ask nicely.

I'm curious as to who regulates software in the UK? So called state of the art studios are popping up everywhere nowadays. What is the name of your recording studio? If you are legit and registered with the regulatory board then you will not have a problem naming it. It's so easy for people to make illegal software nowadays. You can burn them on your computer, print a label, put in a jewel case and shrink wrap it. Looks legit but it's not. Is there a barcode on your items for sale? I'm not saying you have illegal software but if ebid does not feel comfortable with your software I'm glad they have banned it. Too many black market software is available nowadays. Some one has to protect the interests of legit sellers.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by well-tech.ltd View Post
    .......Not a happy bunny with ERipoff at the moment :-(
    Presumably,this is a reference to eBid.Making puerile remarks about a site you are trying to sell on isn't exactly going to work in your favour is it?

Quote Originally Posted by well-tech.ltd View Post
    I have been banned from selling my normal products by Ebid under their 'recopied media' policy, despite the fact that I don't sell recopied media. My company manufactures discs for various software authors and distributors as well as musicians etc. The discs are manufactured on state of the art equipment and are not cdrs. As a by product of this we also produce public domain/freeware cd's which you will sometimes see for sale in shops and service stations and we have been prevented from selling these on ebid.

Can someone explain to me (as support won't) why they would ban a software manufacturer from selling originally produced discs while allowing other sellers to sell cdrs in total contravention of their policy ?
    As I understand it, if your items are the original's that's OK, but the public domain stuff isn't.

If there are CDR's of software music etc listed, it's because they haven't been reported, if they are they will be removed.
    If you are unhappy with the replies from support, email again (using the original ticket number) & mark it FAO Gazza & Mark.

Recopied media

Copies, dubs, duplicates, or transfers of books, music, videos, software, images, etc., are prohibited. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author's permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, music, video games, software, photos, etc.Likewise, you cannot sell transferred media--whether laserdisc to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, or from the Internet to any digital format--unless explicitly approved by the author

Music
    Recopied music in any format is prohibited. Bootlegs, unauthorized live concerts, unauthorized soundboard recordings, unauthorized merchandise, etc., is not permitted

Television programs
    Copies of television programs, including pay-per-view events are prohibited. Commercially produced and licensed copies of television programs are permitted. Unauthorized television programs and programs never broadcast, unauthorized scripts, unauthorized props, and screeners are prohibited.

Movies
    Copies of movies (VHS, DVD, etc.) may not be sold. Also, movies that have been transferred from one format to another are not permitted. For example, NTSC to Pal and Pal to NTSC conversion are not permitted. Unreleased/prereleased movies, screeners, trailers, unpublished and unauthorized film scripts (no ISBN number).

Software
    Software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, OEM, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (prerelease), unauthorized freeware/shareware, and "softlifted" software versions are prohibited

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    All-About well-tech.ltd
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    I'm curious as to who regulates software in the UK? So called state of the art studios are popping up everywhere nowadays. What is the name of your recording studio? If you are legit and registered with the regulatory board then you will not have a problem naming it. It's so easy for people to make illegal software nowadays. You can burn them on your computer, print a label, put in a jewel case and shrink wrap it. Looks legit but it's not. Is there a barcode on your items for sale? I'm not saying you have illegal software but if ebid does not feel comfortable with your software I'm glad they have banned it. Too many black market software is available nowadays. Some one has to protect the interests of legit sellers.

Who said anything about a recording studio ? We produce CD's for software authors and musicians (in fact anyone who wants cd's produced in small or large runs. For example, an unsigned band with their own material might want to produce 500 promo cd's. We create them, fully printed and packed. Likewise for software authors. If you go into a service station or a corner shop, you will see software like '50 Games for kids' or '24 platform games' or some such thing selling at real budget prices (usually £4.99 or less). They are usually produced using shareware, freeware and open-source. That is the type of product we create, and have done for over 10 years. It's legal to sell anywhere in the country, except EBid apparently.

However, having said that, I can name at least one seller, already sanctioned by EBid, who breaks every one of the rules printed in red below by selling open source software on CDR.

So why are my products worse ?

Thread Information