Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: "Run for" time has a mind of its own.

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default "Run for" time has a mind of its own.

Hi all, I have just sent this message to support and, as requested by them, put it here too. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, were you able to fix it? Any help very welcome.

This is what I wrote:

16919180 (Gallery Auction) This is one of the 6 auctions I have listed this afternoon. I fill in the cells the same for all: Start = custom next saturday 27 June 9pm, Run for 7 days. No reserve, not fixed price. After I have previewed and submitted I see that the auction Run for time has changed, anything from 3 to 56 days. No matter how much I edit back to 7 days, it keeps changing. I closed this auction, reposted it and then edited, and the same thing happened. One of them [I think it is this one, but I am so confused by it all now, and feeling tearfully frustrated, that I am not sure anymore, also insists on having a Fixed Price, no matter how often I edit that.
    I wrote to you about a week ago about this, and the problem seemed to have righted itself, but is now running rampant again!
    All 6 auctions are in my shop Anne's Nostalgia Linen, all are cushions [the only cushions listed], so you can find the others there if necessary.
    Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you. I will post this on the boards as well.

That's strange, I look at the listing and the start time is correct with it starting 27th June @ 21:19
    And it's showing as a 45 day listing from the start time (48 days from today)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is going to be a bit vague... but wasn't there something about a problem with run times for scheduled starts, where the timing was okay once the listing started? Sorry, I can't remember more than that, and could have invented the whole thing! The upshot is - if you can bear to wait and see, might be interesting to leave a dodgy listing and see what the run time is *after* it starts?

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Default 7 is what it should run for!

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    That's strange, I look at the listing and the start time is correct with it starting 27th June @ 21:19
    And it's showing as a 45 day listing from the start time (48 days from today)
    That's just what I am on about. I put in 7 days, select 'save changes' and next thing I know it is back to 45 days, or it might change to 3!!!

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Default Run time dodgy!

Thanks bykimbo

I'll try anything!! but it seems very odd. I'll wait and see what support suggests, or maybe it will fix itself like it seemed to about 10 days ago when it first happened. At that time I thought I was doing something wrong, but I don't think it is me this time.

I like the idea of a dodgy listing - what if someone buys it!
    Last edited by Annes_Nostalgia; 24th June 2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Forgot the title

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Problem exists for the last 3 weeks..

That Problem exists for the last 3 weeks.. when I am editing auctions.. length of time changes randomly.
    I am sure all these bugs are from the re-programming?? of this site to the new site.
    An announcement should be made of progress to the new eBid

Thread Information