eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot weather + asthma probs anyone else suffering ?

West Midlands, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View alm1995's Feedback (+9673)
    All-About alm1995
    View alm1995's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaylacrafts View Post
    In the last few weeks my asthma has got worse so i was given steroids last week , i have been blaming it on the pollen as i also suffer from hayfever.
    last night it got even worse , so i was coughing most of the night .
    Got up this morning rung docs and i was in within the hour , been given more steroids and an enebuliser to use till better but the nurse said that i should go get an anti alergy matress and pillow protectors because it could be dust mights + pollen causing it .I have feather pillows and they never used to cause me a problem but she said oooh definatly a no no . So i have had to go buy new bedding .
    Is anyone else suffering more than usual since the change in weather and / or has anyone got any feedback on the anti alergy bedding subject and did it make any difference
    I have used them and they do make a difference although not a mega amount.
    I find the difference is really noticeable when I have stripped the bed on changing bedding 1 or 2 times a week and not every time but about 1 in 6 times, vacuming the mattress and pillows followed by using my polti (hot steam) and then vacuming again. Sounds a great performance but the relief on the results are well worth the effort
    alm1995

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Lingerie-Collections-Plus
    for your everyday ladies underwear needs

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Roberts-Books
    for Books | DVD's | Video's

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Stitch-Art-Originals
    for Cross Stitch, Craft and Haberdashery supplies

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Showcase
    for Costume Jewellery | House and Home

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/MaggiesOnlineStore
    A variety of used and new items

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i been really bad last few days the heat hits me hard and i`m on tablets where i can`t go outside in sun whilst taking them so sitting here having to wait for nightfall to go have some fresh air , i smoke more when i`m ill and if i can`t go in garden makes me smoke more doc thinks i`m mad lol

thanks papa , pearly, alm and merlin
    i Have stripped the bed and vacumed the matress changed my feather pillows to new memory foam ones , new anti alergy quilt , new anti alergy mattress prortector and clean sheets so if it is my bed i should notice a difference after all the trouble ive taken we shall see
    pearly i think thier might be something in the humidity / mold theory as the higher the humidity the worse i seem to suffer .We don't generally get a lot of hot humid weather here ,well not as hot as it is at the moment so i'm gererally alright
    On the smoking front i have been well aware that i need to quit since my fail quit last year , i'm not gonna get away with it for much longer .I have already been to the docs to get my nicotine gum ready for the day and have discussed with my doctor about cutting back first with his support , he did say even the cutting down might be causing me breathing difficulties as my chest is probably starting to clear due to the drop in number of cigs . Last time i colapse in the bathroom one night called out but evryone just carried on sleeping , lucky i managed to survive it , i thought i was going to die

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

On the smoking front i have been well aware that i need to quit since my fail quit last year , i'm not gonna get away with it for much longer .I have already been to the docs to get my nicotine gum ready for the day and have discussed with my doctor about cutting back first with his support , he did say even the cutting down might be causing me breathing difficulties as my chest is probably starting to clear due to the drop in number of cigs . Last time i colapse in the bathroom one night called out but evryone just carried on sleeping , lucky i managed to survive it , i thought i was going to die
    Worth asking your GP to prescribe you Champix - the 'new' stop smoking wonder drug (more successful than Zyban). You can take it at the start and still smoke or use Nicorette. Has so far worked for me.

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i am asthmatic too- though mine is worse winter/spring.
    i use seretide and ventalin inhalers everyday
    one bit of advice i was given after years with my inhalers is to always have a drink of water after using them- sounds a bit silly but getting rid of the dryness really does help.

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    Worth asking your GP to prescribe you Champix - the 'new' stop smoking wonder drug (more successful than Zyban). You can take it at the start and still smoke or use Nicorette. Has so far worked for me.
    yes quit on that last time but stopped taking it after 1 month as i was getting weird dreams and felling very depressed, i already have depression but was feeling ok at the time so doc said i could try them

Quote Originally Posted by playtowin View Post
    i am asthmatic too- though mine is worse winter/spring.
    i use seretide and ventalin inhalers everyday
    one bit of advice i was given after years with my inhalers is to always have a drink of water after using them- sounds a bit silly but getting rid of the dryness really does help.
    Hi play i was told to do that by docs but he said you could get thrush in your mouth if you don't drink water after taking your inhaler

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi play i was told to do that by docs but he said you could get thrush in your mouth if you don't drink water after taking your inhaler
    my doctor has never even mentioned it i was told by the pharmacist doing one of those health check things when i picked up my prescription.

At the age of 34 after loads of smoking related illnesses i was told i would be dead before i was 40 if i did not give up.Am now 67 and smoke free.Still suffer a bit from all those years i did smoke.Smoking is a killer.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Thread Information