Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: store links?

Unhappy Searching for stores

I have had plenty of problems trying to send out notices about my new stores on ebid and also for sending urls to my items in my store

I copy the urls and put in an email and test them and they work but when I send out to possible customers they say the urls don't work

I have tried to find my stores with the search site but my store never comes up even when using my store names, my user name nothing comes up

I really think store name should be in the search engine so people can access the sites easier or they will just quit looking

Also I have a canadian site and americans say they can't get in to register to buy items the site wont let them

I am happy there is an alternative to Ebay but really think there needs to be an easier way to access stores

Maybe I am doing something terribly wrong ???

frustrated canuck
    Last edited by BULLIBUDMOMS; 5th July 2009 at 05:31 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is no search by store, and I think most of us would agree that's a short-coming.

Search by username should work fine, as long as you remember to select "username" in the second box.

I don't know why your links don't work, I've sent thousands which do... perhaps you could post what you're sending here, so we can look for flaws?

If you're looking to promote your ebid store, you might be interested in this thread: http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=113715

Quote Originally Posted by BULLIBUDMOMS View Post
    I have had plenty of problems trying to send out notices about my new stores on ebid and also for sending urls to my items in my store

I copy the urls and put in an email and test them and they work but when I send out to possible customers they say the urls don't work

I have tried to find my stores with the search site but my store never comes up even when using my store names, my user name nothing comes up

I really think store name should be in the search engine so people can access the sites easier or they will just quit looking

Also I have a canadian site and americans say they can't get in to register to buy items the site wont let them

I am happy there is an alternative to Ebay but really think there needs to be an easier way to access stores

frustrated canuck
    Regarding the link. Are you going into my stores in my ebid and copying that URL? Also maybe try using the link inclosure in your email header bar. It usually looks like a chain link. Might work better than using just copy and paste in the email body. I just tested one going from one email account I have to another. Seemed to work fine. Yes we all want our old customers back. When I first joined I spent hours and hours going through my paypal account and retrieving customer email. Alot of email providers now block most emails a person gets though. Now that you mentioned it I never tried any of them out though. Silly me again. Hope you have some success.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BULLIBUDMOMS View Post

frustrated canuck

I found your About Me page with links to your listings & stores OK by putting your username in the search by username box.

The url's for stores as shown in the address bar has changed to a shorter easier one since the move last week, but the old ones should still work.

But if there is a gap in your store name you MUST replace it with a hyphen.

How to write your store url

http://
    ca (dot) (us for Americans, uk for Brits au for Ozzies etc etc.)
    ebid (dot) net/
    stores/
    your-store-name

So your stores are
    HTML Code:
    http://ca.ebid.net/stores/BULLIBUD-MOMS-BT-RESCUE-STORE
    http://ca.ebid.net/stores/BULLIBUD-MOMS-BT-RESCUE-STORE

&

HTML Code:
    http://ca.ebid.net/stores/BULL-TERRIER-AND-COLLECTIBLES-SHOPPING-MALL
    http://ca.ebid.net/stores/BULL-TERRI...-SHOPPING-MALL

I've put the links in full in the html boxes, otherwise the forum software will shorten them so you don't see the whole thing.

You can only register on your home site (as in your location), so American users must register on the US site, they can still buy your items providing you ship to their country. If they joined the Canadian site the postage would all be wrong.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information