My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Buyer marks as paid,not paid!

Default Buyer marks as paid,not paid!

A buyer has marked in the AAL the item as paid and left a message saying the item has been "paypalled".I`ve had paypal payments from other buyers since the 30th July and none of them from him,i have left him a message.
    How long do you wait before marking it down as none paying buyer?

Quote Originally Posted by lyselicia View Post
    A buyer has marked in the AAL the item as paid and left a message saying the item has been "paypalled".I`ve had paypal payments from other buyers since the 30th July and none of them from him,i have left him a message.
    How long do you wait before marking it down as none paying buyer?
    Hello. I'm not sure but that sure is a very good question. Yes in paypal it shows you right away if a payment has been made or waiting to clear in your account history. Probally why people accepting other forms of payment could get stung. (ie buttons etc) Think this is a very complex question how someone is going to prove or disprove they have not been paid. As the site gets bigger we all know there is going to be some "bad apples". There has already been a few complaints I've seen posted in the forums. Myself I would communicate for awhile but as stated if they paid with paypal it should show as such. Unless there is some glitch or they sent it to a wrong email registered with them. Hope you get it resolved.

West Midlands, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View alm1995's Feedback (+9673)
    All-About alm1995
    View alm1995's Listings
    Forum Posts

Up to you how long to wait but if buyer has marked as paid and the tranaction is not showing in your Paypal's transaction's ask the buyer for the transaction number and the name registered with their account (not all payments are made in the buyers name) so you can take it up with Paypal.
    If no number or name is forth coming so payment cannot be traced tell the buyer so and send an invoice and continue from there.

As a seller (not seller+) you do not get integrated checkout.
    That is one of the many benefits of being seller+, as soon as buyer pays it is automatically logged in you AAL by ebid
    alm1995

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Lingerie-Collections-Plus
    for your everyday ladies underwear needs

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Roberts-Books
    for Books | DVD's | Video's

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Stitch-Art-Originals
    for Cross Stitch, Craft and Haberdashery supplies

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Showcase
    for Costume Jewellery | House and Home

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/MaggiesOnlineStore
    A variety of used and new items

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had buyers tell me something has been paid for in paypal in all good faith when they've got it wrong. A recent payment took three attempts. I would always start with a polite note saying that there was no sign of the payment arriving at my end, and please could they check again.

It sounds as if the OP has probably tried this, but I'm not sure if the "left a message" means sent via Q&A or used email. Whichever it was, I'd try the other! It might also be worth mentioning that putting a note on the AAL does *not* make it visible to the buyer - that's for the seller only. To contact your buyer via AAL you have to ask a question.

Quote Originally Posted by alm1995 View Post
    Up to you how long to wait but if buyer has marked as paid and the tranaction is not showing in your Paypal's transaction's ask the buyer for the transaction number and the name registered with their account (not all payments are made in the buyers name) so you can take it up with Paypal.
    If no number or name is forth coming so payment cannot be traced tell the buyer so and send an invoice and continue from there.

As a seller (not seller+) you do not get integrated checkout.
    That is one of the many benefits of being seller+, as soon as buyer pays it is automatically logged in you AAL by ebid

Thanks for that,i really appreciate your advice.I will try asking for the transaction number and account name,solid idea.
    I know i should go for the upgrade to seller+ but i have not convinced myself i will make the money back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    It sounds as if the OP has probably tried this, but I'm not sure if the "left a message" means sent via Q&A or used email. Whichever it was, I'd try the other! It might also be worth mentioning that putting a note on the AAL does *not* make it visible to the buyer - that's for the seller only. To contact your buyer via AAL you have to ask a question.

Yes it was just a message in the AAL.I was a bit cautious about proceeding till i had given it a bit more thought and it has only been a few days...but as ever this forum has proven a sterling place for sound advice from voices of experience

Thread Information