My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Hi everyone old ebayer here

Default Hi everyone old ebayer here

Hi just like to say how impressed i am of ebid i was on ebay for 4 years where i did ok until they change so i moved to amazon where i still sell on there but the final value fee is high 17.5% so i have started on here where it does not cost alot at all which is good to see. only problem i have 10000+ products to list but lets hope it's worth it. Just one question xmas on ebay and amazon i see my sales increaes by 4X does this happen here

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there and welcome to ebid, You won't find the same amount of traffic as on the dark side, but it is a far friendlier place to be. I took out a seller+ account a year ago and it has paid for itself. You will have to promote yourself maybe put flyers in with any purchases on the other sites to let people know you have moved. Maybe offer a discount for purchases from ebid. I think eventually ebid will become very popular, give us a whirl and see how it goes best to list 7 - 10 days with 10 auto reposts don't do run till sold or they will never get to be seen in the listings. If you have any technical questions everybody is very friendly on the forums and they will be happy to help you get started. Good luck

Hi signs2allltd welcome to eBid you may find this thread helpful http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    Just shout if you need a hand
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi, I'm glad your here!
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, and remember the fees are so low if any here, so you don't have to load your postage to avoid fees

It will take time as others we dont get the traffic but it is building slowly.

In fact the fees are so low here you could say for instance if you sold what ever on tother side for ex £15 you could sell it here for £13 and still make more.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by knitandpurl View Post
    Hi there and welcome to ebid, You won't find the same amount of traffic as on the dark side, but it is a far friendlier place to be. I took out a seller+ account a year ago and it has paid for itself. You will have to promote yourself maybe put flyers in with any purchases on the other sites to let people know you have moved. Maybe offer a discount for purchases from ebid. I think eventually ebid will become very popular, give us a whirl and see how it goes best to list 7 - 10 days with 10 auto reposts don't do run till sold or they will never get to be seen in the listings. If you have any technical questions everybody is very friendly on the forums and they will be happy to help you get started. Good luck
    Hello, knitandpurl. I too am trying to defect from the all-consuming eBlob, but also wonder how viable a venue this is. But I think your idea of putting flyers into shipments "over there" is a brilliant idea. Thank you!

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signs2allltd View Post
    Hi just like to say how impressed i am of ebid i was on ebay for 4 years where i did ok until they change so i moved to amazon where i still sell on there but the final value fee is high 17.5% so i have started on here where it does not cost alot at all which is good to see. only problem i have 10000+ products to list but lets hope it's worth it. Just one question xmas on ebay and amazon i see my sales increaes by 4X does this happen here
    Welcome refugee!....Sales are a bit slower here at times...but then it seems it goes in phases here. I would like to say that sales to pick up at xmas, but with the economy, that will hard to predict for anyone. If you have a BIN on you items they will be uploaded to Google Shopping and I do know I get buyers often from it. It will be worth it, believe me. More stress free here.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm still listing over there, and will continue to do so. But shortly I think I will only be listing the items that are not good enough to sell here.

Once the free postage thing comes in I will be listing the records that arne't worth anything.

ie - Scratched / warped / cracked records - (I will of course write clearly what the fault is, so there are no nasty surprises if somebody does buy) these will mainly be to use as free advertising for my better records which will be here on Ebid.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Welcome all! I am glad to see all the refugees coming on over and wish everyone the best.

Check out the forums for selling tips, there are some differences in both the customers and the rules, so read up before you list.

Of course it gets busier before the holidays and I think this year we will see the Christmas season come earlier as people shop for bargains earlier than they did last year.

An important way to increase your sales on ebid and to help ebid grow is to bring as many of your old customers from feebay as you can. Gets you bids faster and helps ebid grow. Send emails or even a postcard to announce your move.

If anyone needs help, just ask. Everyone on the forums is willing to help you in any way possible.

Thread Information