eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PPPAY Worth using? Any Problems?

Forum Lurker
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View theclotheshop's Feedback (+1)
    All-About theclotheshop
    View theclotheshop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question PPPAY Worth using? Any Problems?

Hi Guys,

I`ve set paypal and google check out up and see I can have PPPay too, now I have just signed up with them but have never heard of them before and was wondering if they are worth using with my ads and if there are any issues I need to know of before hand?

Advise please

I wouldn't bother. They cause far more grief than they're worth, most buyers don't have it AND they've got a nasty unexpected charge for buyers if they use a credit card to pay.

I've got some money floating around in my Pppay account, but they also have a very nasty charge to get it out, so it's staying there and i've removed it from my listings.

Most of what you sell will be domestic, pick the payment method most buyers use in the UK. Add checks/money orders to capture the rest and provide a cheap alternative.

For international, Paypal works great, so I vote for PP with all its warts.

If you hope to attract/keep feebay people, use PP and checks (which they can no longer use). That will include everyone!

later, if you want to add another, you can do it, but your business will run perfectly well on PP and money orders.

Forum Lurker
    All-About theclotheshop
    Forum Posts

Thanks to both of you for your insight, gut feeling told me to keep clear but I felt I needed to ask members and glad I have, again thank you!

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Costs a lot to withdraw your money, don't use them now find paypal cheques and postal orders cover my needs. Only use paypal for overseas buyers.

Forum Lurker
    All-About theclotheshop
    Forum Posts

Cheers Knit, I`ll be using PP as always and Google Checkout.

PPPay facts

Free to accept money from people who have a pppay account and use pppays to pay another pppay member

Flat receiving fee of 3.3% with no transaction fee like there is with paypal & google checkout, this saves you 0.1-1.7% for the fee & 5-20p for each transaction fee depending on what sort of paypal account you have

Easy to set up once explained if need be but 85% of people that have set up an account to pay me have had no issues at all.

PPPay do charge a fee for payments made by credit/debit card, this is 49p, and also pppay charge 99p for an escrow payment, but escrow gives you more protection as a buyer and if you accept an escrow service it makes listings more attractive (safety wise) for a buyer as they will tend to only use an escrow service (if they want to be safe) for high priced items.

PPPay do charge for withdrawing, but this is a flat fee min of 75p or 1% which ever is higher, paypal charge (I think) for withdrawals under a set price, plus pppay is offering more seller protection IMO than paypal.

PPPay is regulated in the UK and not offshore like paypal

Pppay gets IMO a lot of unfair comments,

Heres a logical comparison

10 x £10 payments through paypal normal account or google checkout = 10 x 20p transaction fees = £2.00 + 3.4% fees = £3.40 total = £5.40

10 x £10 payments through pppay = no transactions fees + £3.30 in fees + £1.00 withdrawal fee = £4.30

10 x £5 for paypal & GC would be £2.00 + 1.70 = £3.70
    10x £5 for pppay would be £.0.00+ £1.65 + £1.00 = £2.65

Forum Lurker
    All-About theclotheshop
    Forum Posts

Sarah,

Thanks for your info, there`s a big difference there with fees which is very welcoming. Do you use their service and if so have you ever had any issues that have been brought up in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by theclotheshop View Post
    Sarah,

Thanks for your info, there`s a big difference there with fees which is very welcoming. Do you use their service and if so have you ever had any issues that have been brought up in this thread?
    I accept pppay on every auction.

I also accept the escrow for auctions over a set amount.

Persoanlly I have not had any issues with pppay at all.

1 Buyer (out of the 50+ that have paid with pppay) had to have pppay explained to them, and after this was done the penny check was carried out the next day, which then allowed me to accept the payment.

On average I have 2 people a week pay me with pppay now.

BTW, people will say that I'm "pro -pppay" which to a certain extent I am. But I tend to be "pro anything" that works well for me. I know there are a lot of other sellers that also have pppay as an option.

Other things that have been said by others (not on this thread yet though) is that pppay support is not great (I would not know as I have never needed to use it) Nor have I ever had to use paypal support direct and people have said that paypal support is not great either.

GC has fair support IMO but it does take time to resolve situations, there is normally a 24-48 gap between replies from GC suppport in my experiance (only used that twice though)

Thread Information