eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Whats Up with Digital / Military Items

Forum Newbie
    View upgradehighway's Feedback (+25)
    All-About upgradehighway
    View upgradehighway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Whats Up with Digital / Military Items

I put up a digital download training guides. I am not sure digital download auctions will work. I read articles about how they do, but I am not sure about ebid.

Also, pricing military items from almost a hundred years ago is tricky. There are none online for me to get values from, military sites are useless because they hide the sold prices. I am lost. My store is

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...=Parents-Attic

I hope I can do this. I have never figured out how to sell, I am not a saleman but I have to make money somehow. I enjoy ebid very much, because they do not charge fees if it takes awhile to sell

Digital downloads of any sort are not permitted.
    Auctions must supply goods that are physical in nature - if you can't touch it, you can't sell it.
    BUT, if you put them on a disk and sell them, that's usually fine.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by upgradehighway View Post
    Also, pricing military items from almost a hundred years ago is tricky. There are none online for me to get values from, military sites are useless because they hide the sold prices.
    Prices that items make at sale is a saleable commodity so people tend not to give the information away for free.

You can often get some idea by looking at auction house websites. This one is useful in the UK: http://www.the-saleroom.com as it often gives the estimated price an item will fetch. Maybe you have something similar in the US.

As you can see...the site I reference sells past sale prices as a product.

Helps to find people in your area who collect/sell those items. Attending local auctions puts you in touch with those people and lets you see what items sell for too.

You can get some idea by cruising around various auctions online. Remember that with any collectable, the condiion is everything. Learn how to evaluate the condition of the items you are going to sell.

Thread Information