Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Isn't eBid great?
    Yes it is!!!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Take that in the eye GREEDYBAY! Learn from a caring venue about its sellers.

Forum Newbie
    View jakkman's Feedback (+3243)
    All-About jakkman
    View jakkman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Awesome! I got negged on greedy-Bay by a newbie with 4 feedback worth of experience, cuz a month went by and he never got his item. Of course he never emailed me a concern, which I would have promptly taken care of any worries/and or refunded if needed. So then he leaves me 1's all the way down the board for the precious "stars on thars" magical rating system. Which was designed to protect/make look better the huge fraud sellers. So they changed the rules so now a punk can't do that without emailing the seller or ebay first. In the meantime they still will not remove the neg which would give me 100% pos feedback. Truth is I have around 15 negs in 10 yrs, but the new protect a fraud seller DSR program only counts the last year. So fraud sellers with 2-3k negative feedback magically have only 200 300 a year, but since they sell 20k items ebrat luvs'em. So the new system hides the truth. And since they work on percentage, a big powerseller can have 100's of negs and still qualify as a "trusted seller" and all that BS false crap, it drives me crazy. I called them 3 different times and tried and tried again to get the neg removed but instead I ended up here transfering my auctions lol...... Also, since I am not a precious powerseller, I do not qualify for "top rated" ribbon wearing status. 99.9% 4.9 - 4.9 - 4.9 - 4.8 ~ and NOT top rated because I don't sell enough, nothing to do with the 5 star service I provide......... grrrrrr ~ J

We got neg'd after 5 days cos goods not arrived (comms good on our side - big explanations etc - PayPal e-cheque not cleared of course - takes 10-14 days and we been done that way in the past - she had 6fb). Swore blind it had cleared her a/c and we were thieves. eBay answer: ask her to change her mind or there is nothing they can do lol. Straight down to 99.9%.
    Added note below transaction: PayPal echeque not cleared immediately. Customer not happy so cancelled sale for her.
    Funnily enough our sales picked up muchly and bigly lol
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its not very often I'll stand up for feebay but we recently had a buyer who purchased a soldering iron of which apparently the handle became hot after a while, we asked him to return it for a full refund if faulty but he declined, stating that he just wanted his money back. When I advised him that we could not refund unless the item was returned he left us neg feedback. I raised the matter with Feebay, they investigated and removed the neg... which was a suprise as support usually tells you they don't get involved with feedback matters. maybe they are taking a leaf out of ebids book.

Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    Its not very often I'll stand up for feebay but we recently had a buyer who purchased a soldering iron of which apparently the handle became hot after a while, we asked him to return it for a full refund if faulty but he declined, stating that he just wanted his money back. When I advised him that we could not refund unless the item was returned he left us neg feedback. I raised the matter with Feebay, they investigated and removed the neg... which was a suprise as support usually tells you they don't get involved with feedback matters. maybe they are taking a leaf out of ebids book.
    Wow, never heard of this ever happening before. Congratulations. I had to suck up negatives because item did not arrive in one day (media mail yet), buyer did not pay and wanted me to mail it fast, and I even had to suck up the lower feedback scores then the neutrals became negatives and changed back again. So it is quite unusual that you talked reasonably and they listened to you.

Why the change I wonder?

Forum Newbie
    View jakkman's Feedback (+3243)
    All-About jakkman
    View jakkman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I guess divine intervention is the only way to deal with a neg on the bay. Just so happenes out of the blue today, months after the fact, my neg feedback bomber emails me he is sorry and wants to have the neg removed. Timing is amazing as I just closed 5/6 of my last auctions early and am jumping ship over the neg and the top unrated seller I have been made out to be... So I called feebay and they said since the BIDDER wanted the feedback removed, the guy said he would fight hard to get it removed even though it is past 30 days or whatever. Unbelievable! I am still planning on the seller+ lifetime here, even if I never sold a thing, I want somebody else to have some of my auction fees and give ebay a run. Plus my UK bidders have been some of the best, I am happy to help a UK company. ;-) Anyways I told that feebay guy if he gets the neg off I will relist 5 items lol...... Jakkman

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Wow, never heard of this ever happening before. Congratulations. I had to suck up negatives because item did not arrive in one day (media mail yet), buyer did not pay and wanted me to mail it fast, and I even had to suck up the lower feedback scores then the neutrals became negatives and changed back again. So it is quite unusual that you talked reasonably and they listened to you.

Why the change I wonder?
    No idea, it came as a suprise to me too, I initially rang them over a problem I was having with certain functions on the site and as the call was coming to a close I just mentioned the neg feedback, the support guy had a quick look, read through the messages sent between us and the buyer and said he'd refer it to his manager.
    I thought OK well thats the last I'll hear of that, but lo and behold 30 minutes later the neg had vanished, I almost fell off my chair.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by act View Post
    I have had feedback removed by eBay....on the day that the new rule came in about sellers no longer being able to leave negative feed back, I was left my first and only negative feedback from a non paying bidder.

She left the feedback within minutes of my receiving the mail saying I had sold something. When I later checked the feedback she had left others, she had left more than 10 negs...one to each of the sellers in the space of about 15 minutes.

All the negs were removed the same day

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    We got neg'd after 5 days cos goods not arrived (comms good on our side - big explanations etc - PayPal e-cheque not cleared of course - takes 10-14 days and we been done that way in the past - she had 6fb). Swore blind it had cleared her a/c and we were thieves. eBay answer: ask her to change her mind or there is nothing they can do lol. Straight down to 99.9%.
    Added note below transaction: PayPal echeque not cleared immediately. Customer not happy so cancelled sale for her.
    Funnily enough our sales picked up muchly and bigly lol
    When a customer pays by echeque, sometimes they dont realise it.

As soon as I get the email from paypal confirm that xxx has paid by echeque, I forward it to the customer - it shows them how long it takes to clear.

Several times I have received an email back saying they didnt realise.

Thread Information