eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: For Gazza, customer bought wrong item

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool For Gazza, customer bought wrong item

Hi Gazza,

A customer used the buy now option on an action figure, but they made an error and wished to change the figure for another one, which I instructed them to use the buy now option of the other figure they wanted in it's place, which they have done.

Now, I deleted the one they bought in error from my list and didn't add it to the invoice either. How do I make sure I do not have to leave feedback or pay the 2% final value fee on the one I need to relist?
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    Hi Gazza,

A customer used the buy now option on an action figure, but they made an error and wished to change the figure for another one, which I instructed them to use the buy now option of the other figure they wanted in it's place, which they have done.

Now, I deleted the one they bought in error from my list and didn't add it to the invoice either. How do I make sure I do not have to leave feedback or pay the 2% final value fee on the one I need to relist?

I think just send all details to support and they will sort it for you,hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along later
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

If you cancel the sale and put item back in (repost) I think it takes care of that?

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Yeah, I was hoping to find a simple and sensible "cancel transaction" button/link to follow or something simple along those lines. I will be reposting the item, but, because I still have multiples of that partciluar item it will still show as needing feedback to be left. I wish there was a direct procedure for cancelling a sale of an item like on EvilBay but eBid hasn't got around to installing such a feature yet by the looks of it lol!

I'll be going to repost the item now anyway and see what happens. Just need it sorted so I'm not billed for the 2% FVF and the item removed from the feedback list. I'll see what happens on the repost lol.

EDIT: Ok, so I can not repost it as the listing was originally listed as 2 items available and is now showing as 1 item still available. So I'm going to have to close the listing to repost it so I can set it back to being 2 items available.

If Gazza does manage to stop by, here are the details:

The Clone Wars #02 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Armour)
    Auction ID : 16917431 (Gallery Auction)

After Auction Log
    Sat 03 Oct 2009
    20:17:57 (BST) Successful BuyNow (buying) Confirmation Confirmation email sent to ABBA86 (popup)

Sat 03 Oct 2009
    20:17:57 (BST) Successful BuyNow (selling) Confirmation Confirmation email sent to darth_reaper (popup)

Sat 03 Oct 2009
    20:53:26 (BST) Note Created Item purchased by mistake and changed for another item.

So hopefully Gazza or someone else from admin can sort it out, make sure things are cancelled on this item and the item removed from the feedback system.

Ooh, I'm a "forum lurker", way to go to make me feel like a stalker haha!

Last edited by darth_reaper; 5th October 2009 at 03:29 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post

Scary considering your username! LOL

Sounds like a plan, if you close, you can repost. Then you probably have to go to support with the request that the final fee be refunded on number so and so, because buyer switched items, took item so and so instead, and you paid two fees and only one sold.

This helps all of us, we will know how to handle it if it happens to us.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had same problem... from July 29, 2009.... the Leave Feedback is still there
    Support said it would disappear, nope.. still there.
    Auction reposted did not solve the leave feedback thing.

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Well, I've opened a "ticket" to make sure I am not billed for the FVF and to have the item removed from the feedback system. See how that goes. Would be nice to have more control over these things my own end, like most sellers probably would, as buyers can and will change their minds or buy an item by mistake when they meant to buy now on another item lol! It happens.

Originally Posted by darth_reaper

Rubysafira Scary considering your username! LOL

haha, yeah. A cool name for a cool shop lol! And a stalker you don't want to run in to in a dark alley lol!

EDIT: Well, eBid said they had removed everything etc, yet, despite logging out and back in again, the item is still on the feedback duty list!
    Last edited by darth_reaper; 8th October 2009 at 02:33 PM.

Thread Information