Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All About

Forum Newbie
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    All-About CNTradeTK
    View CNTradeTK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question All About

My ALL ABOUT page has just been updated, Tried adding some information in...Struggling to think of other things, any advice? You think its alright the way it is? Any replies would be appreciated, thanks

-Chris

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Looks fine to me Chris apart from

Discounts? I'm willint (spelling) to give discounts on multiple buys. But please email me describing what items you are interested in buying and let me check out the situation.

In fact you've put more than a lot of people can be bothered to.

Oh and welcome to Ebid and the Forums.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

Wow - she is a honey - you are a lucky Dad - Welcome to the Forums
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Newbie
    All-About CNTradeTK
    Forum Posts

Thanks to all, Ill put the spelling right now. Yeah she is defo a hunny, My pride and joy

Quote Originally Posted by Fossy View Post
    Looks fine to me Chris apart from

Discounts? I'm willint (spelling) to give discounts on multiple buys. But please email me describing what items you are interested in buying and let me check out the situation.

In fact you've put more than a lot of people can be bothered to.

Oh and welcome to Ebid and the Forums.

I agree. No one here will bother to contact you. Make your policy very clear ("I offer a 20% discount on shipping of second item").

Hi and welcome to ebid!

I checkout out your auctions and bio page. What a little cutie! Not you silly, your little daughter, what a sweetie!

I would suggest the following:

Add lots more items. A few will not get attention. You need 100+ items to offer a choice and to tempt people to buy.

I like your bio page. You covered everything in a clear concise way without threatening people who do not pay, etc. You take returns, also good, but also do it with stipulations that they have to return everything like wrapper etc. Like anyplace, we have had some fools buying and switching items, returning broken, so you might want to think about this and showing photo of a serial number, or something to identify this particular item you are selling so you let them know that you are savy to switchers.

As I added above, make the discounts clear. Don't count on anyone getting back to you with questions, ebidders don't like to do that. They will pass you buy rather than contact you if they have a question on the listing. Put the discount in the listing too, again very specific "I offer 25% off shipping if you buy two items" or whatever.

My only concern on the listing is that at quick glance it looks like you take PPPay only (bottom box), but you offer 3 methods per top of listing. Since Paypal is the most popular method of payment, I would make sure that you put any effort in advertising payment methods into PP rather than any other.

Good luck on ebid. If you have any other questions, just ask on the forums, and someone is always here to help.

Forum Newbie
    All-About CNTradeTK
    Forum Posts

I prefer paypal...How would I make it that PayPal is my prefered option? And I'm addng stuff every few minutes, Hopefuly hit the 100 mark real soon, Just testing waters with how I'm doing my auctions right now.

Thank you so much, the advice giving is great so far

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's no built-in concept of "preferred option" here. You can either take payment methods or not, by ticking them in the list on each item. If you want to tell your buyers you prefer a particular system, you'll need to either put it in your description, or put a "notice" up (these are notorious for not being read!)

Forum Newbie
    All-About CNTradeTK
    Forum Posts

Ok, I changed the page a little bit more... How does it look now? as far as listings go, I'll be updating it with more listings over the next few days. I'm new to E-bid and didnt really want to over load myself but I'm thinking the more listings the better...

Thread Information