Peterborough

Sunday 10 Ocotber, 2009
    Hadfield (SK13)
    London E, EC, N, NW, W, WC, SE, SW

Monday 12 October, 2009
    Hadfield
    Irvine

Posting mail
    Royal Mail advises sellers, where possible, to post mail before or after industrial action takes place in affected areas.

Post Offices are not involved in this industrial action and will be open as usual.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Firm i used to work for dont use the post anymore.Bills are sent out by email and anyone without a computer can call in at anytime and get a print out.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Thanks for that Craig handy to know

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just voted for a nationwide strike http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8296660.stm

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

These people should count themselves lucky they have employment - or even the fact that they are healthy enough to work at all.

There are thousands, if not more, around the country that would snap their hands off for a job - and thousands more who are unable to work because of health or other reasons.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

But what they don't tell the public is that 60% of jobs where post is sent to uk from uk, will end up being transfered to places like france and germany, so instead of paying 39p for 1st class postage they will now expect you to pay the air fare on top of the original price which could be in the region of sending a 39p stamp to £1.09
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would love to be well enough to work full time (part time would be nice too)

When I spoke to my postie about this he was saying that they was expecting to work extra hours at the normal rate when previously they got overtime rates for the same hours.

My understanding was that the bosses are wanting to keep the hours in line with the rest of the world of work, here in the UK, with people only getting paid overtime rates when they were actually working over the expected full-time hours.

Strike confirmed for 22nd October - according to Sky.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View ukcollector's Feedback (+450)
    All-About ukcollector
    View ukcollector's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Corrected proposed industrial action - Royal Mail

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Strike confirmed for 22nd October - according to Sky.
    Correction to the poster of the above....
    No strike has been confirmed. The actual statement was that the Union had sent notice to Royal Mail that they INTENDED to call a strike in 10 days, IF the proposals they administered, were not met or mutually agreed upon. This 10 day period is to allow negotiations between the Union & Royal Mail, with invitation to either party to enrol the services of ACAS and other such intermediaries to assist the negotiations.
    The only drawback to this being, that the Union had also included some terms of the negotiation that would be contradictory to current practices, already implemented into the daily routines of Royal Mail staff.
    This latter point alone means that strike action is probably impending as there is no available resolve for these circumstances..
    A bit like putting two sugars in your freshly brewed cup of tea and then saying, I don't take sugar.
    Meanwhile, I invite all future winners of my auctions to collect their items at end of sale. Looking forward to an influx of visitors from all over the world. Should be interesting and educational ;-)

Thread Information