My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Improving Invoice System

Thank goodness we started to focus on problem. I still think we could use the present invoice as it, IF the following were changed:

1. when multiple items are purchased, shipping method should be dropped from all items (obviously 50 lb of stuff will not go airmail in an envelope).

2. Allow draft copy of invoice to be produced so buyer/seller can negotiate the shipping method.

Does that cover all the problems we have? Would those changes make the present invoice more user friendly and flexible enough to accomodate more than one item?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Originally Posted by Gothicina

• If a seller has chosen Not Known, the BUYER should get an error message telling them to ask the seller for an invoice if they try to pay

This causes me a lot of problems. I have another sale today where the customer is in Australia. They've sent payment for the item via Paypal but no p&p. For some reason 'Not Known' is being interpreted as free.
    Last edited by kedo; 6th November 2009 at 02:54 AM.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

And another one today from Italy. I can't believe this isn't affecting anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    And another one today from Italy. I can't believe this isn't affecting anyone else.
    Kedo, I don't sell overseas nor do I use 'not known'. But I do know the invoicing system needs a major overhaul. On multiple orders, I now just request payment through PP and don't even use ebid's invoicing system. Perhaps if you didn't use 'not known' and put an actual shipping price, it would solve your problem. Good luck.

For multiple items purchased there shouldn't be immediate payment and immediate invoicing. The customer should be allowed to shop around at your store and add items to their "cart". Then when they are ready to pay there would be one invoice and one shipping rate based on multiple items purchased. The issue being that Ebid stores should not be treated like individual auctions. They should be treated like a online shopping cart. One shipping rate would be calculated by the total combined weight of the order. Keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by exoticincense View Post
    For multiple items purchased there shouldn't be immediate payment and immediate invoicing. The customer should be allowed to shop around at your store and add items to their "cart". Then when they are ready to pay there would be one invoice and one shipping rate based on multiple items purchased. The issue being that Ebid stores should not be treated like individual auctions. They should be treated like a online shopping cart. One shipping rate would be calculated by the total combined weight of the order. Keep it simple.
    Yes, but only per store. I would want to keep *store* invoices separately - dont forget some of us have more than one store and its not always the case that the best p&p option can be offered across them all.
    For example, 1 store sells crockery (heavy and bulky) same seller but different store selling jewellery (light in weight but valuable), different store again selling ...... idk - bric-a-brac - some light, some heavy, some valuable, some not - to make myself clear, I would not send a gold chain in the same parcel as a set of saucepans, nor would I want to insure the cost of sending the weight the saucepans would add to the jewellery and vice versa. Am I waffling?

A printable invoice/packing slip would be almost perfect for me

Quote Originally Posted by exoticincense View Post
    In the UK size plays a part in the postage costs as well as weight, what might work for the USA, (who have a shipping calculator), would not necessarily work for the rest of us.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    In the UK size plays a part in the postage costs as well as weight, what might work for the USA, (who have a shipping calculator), would not necessarily work for the rest of us.
    thats what I meant with my waffle - thanks for condensing that Gothicina!

Size of package, in the USA, plays a part in the postage costs as well as weight, same as the UK.

So apparently size does matter? Calculating shipping for multiple store items can be complex. For my online shop I wrote some code that calculates the total weight of the order and then I have a algorithm that decides what kind of packaging I need for that particular order. It then automatically contacts the post office via api and retrieves a real time quote. I'm not sure if the something like that could be done with eBid though.
    Last edited by exoticincense; 12th November 2009 at 06:07 PM.

Thread Information