My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bulk upload international postage setting

Default Bulk upload international postage setting

I'm trying to get my tiny pea sized brain around how I can specify that I will ship to any country in the world. The bulk upload spreadsheet only shows a handful of countries. What is the special magic code for "I will ship to any international destination"?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There isn't one. eBid is only available to the 18 countries specified (with Austria and Belgium soon to be added). People outside those countries simply cannot register with eBid.

Forum Newbie
    View Dottiedaisy's Feedback (+160)
    All-About Dottiedaisy
    View Dottiedaisy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I really can't get my head round this. I need to know how AFTER the sale of a number of books, how to change the postage total. I know there's a box for postage discounts, but how do I increase the postage price for abroad.my site comes up with 0.00. and when I click on this and nothing happens. HELP!!!!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dottiedaisy View Post
    I really can't get my head round this. I need to know how AFTER the sale of a number of books, how to change the postage total. I know there's a box for postage discounts, but how do I increase the postage price for abroad.my site comes up with 0.00. and when I click on this and nothing happens. HELP!!!!!
    You used to be able to put negative discounts in to create a supplement, but last time I tried that it failed. Might have been a glitch, so give it a go. What I did was send a paypal invoice outside the system with the right total, which was fine. Of course, any supplement to be charged should be known to the buyer before closing the deal.

Forum Newbie
    Cumbernauld, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    View carolmc66's Feedback (+8)
    All-About carolmc66
    View carolmc66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    There isn't one. eBid is only available to the 18 countries specified (with Austria and Belgium soon to be added). People outside those countries simply cannot register with eBid.
    I have tried all last night to change my postage for a bouble buy to France and just couldn't do it. It has when through with no postage at all added I have e-mail buyer to add the postage but I can't see it happening as she has no English and I have no French ????? Please someone in ebid have this sorted out quickly.

Along with invoices, this is *YET ANOTHER* gripe I can remember from my first months at eBid that still has never been fixed, modified or altered..

So, so frustrating! I'd almost be tempted to make up a special coupon for my ecommerce website, give the buyer the coupon number or a link to get the right amount on the item, and have them checkout through my website instead.. but - I'm still not 100% sure if that would break the rules Not to mention, it'd be more hassle than it is worth for many items (although it would introduce buyers to my website and perhaps pick up some additional impulse buys on stuff that I cant/wont list here on ebid .. hehe)

They really need to re-visit their invoicing and checkout system and make it vastly easier to use for sellers... it's just too frustrating and unweildy to account for special circumstances that invariably come up (what if the buyer wants extra insurance or special package handling that cannot be accounted for ahead of time, such as Next Day Air, overnight express, etc - not normally offered as the expense is high, but every so often people will want something in an absolute hurry and will pay almost any amount to get it there next day.. )
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thread Information