My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 'Real' danger of toy guns - police

Default 'Real' danger of toy guns - police

I've been reading an article online and thought I'd share it with you, I will remove it if requested but thought people should know. After all this is one way to scare children half to death

Police have said children who play with toy guns run the risk of being confronted by armed marksmen.

http://news.aol.co.uk/real-danger-of...11949110728665
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Craig.
    A very close friend of mine was a "sniper" in the army.
    Not a job he chose but because he was a crack shooter he was given this position.
    I will not go into details but the consequences of what happened in Northern Ireland resulted in the death of a young child.
    Fake guns should be banned.

How you doing Dan, When I was a yougster I used to have a plastic gun to play cops and robbers with my mates, the police saw it as a good game and even joined in, (shows how old I am) nowadays it seems even a child playing in the garden with a toy gun will be surrounded with Armed marksmen telling them to lay down their weapon. That would definately scare youngsters nowadays.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

One difference between now and your childhood is that the fake guns look so much more realistic these days.

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    One difference between now and your childhood is that the fake guns look so much more realistic these days.
    sure do- a few years (between my 7 and 16 year olds) and the difference in the toys is shocking. I dont let my little one have toy guns although my older two did have them- usually shiny silver or bright coloured obvious toys.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

this just proves what a damned mess society is in now....when kids cannot play....

My God i use to have a six shooter in a holster and a hankie wrapped round my mouth. Stick -em -up.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes , not only were we gangsters , we were cowboys ( or indians with bows ) we had swords...we were a one man or woman army ???...then we had skipping ropes to hang the baddies.....we had a lot of toys that kids now are not allowed to play with....we also had fresh air ... kids now do not know what it is like to play OUTSIDE .....papa.

Other US members can confirm, but I think our US toy guns must have a red plastic thingy on the barrel to mark it a toy gun. At least the collectables ones do.

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought the airport staff went a bit over the top when they confiscated a rifle from a child, it was only 3 inches long and was part of his "Action Man" figure.
    Aparently thay had received a directive stating that anything that resembled a gun had to be siezed.... Oh come on

Thread Information