Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Suggestion for eBid

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeweleffects
    Another site I sell on only allow a max of 30 days inactivity in which then they send an email to the member reminding them to either sign in or lose their account. It happened to me not so long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The problem with that on eBid is the subscriptions. If someone pays for a lifetime subscription where would eBid stand if they then closed that account? Would they have to refund? You subscribe to access the site facilities. If you then choose not to then what is wrong with that?

Simplest solution, as has been said many times, is for there to be a maximum life on listings which, unless they are refreshed, would close them after that period of time. That would allow all the current listing styles to remain but get rid of dead listings.
    Your right, I keep forgetting the subscription factor. Of course, the other site I sell on has no subscription option.

x

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure on this but are RUS and OFB available to basic seller account holders?

I thought they were but the table say No for Run Until Sold (Store Inventory). Unless that specifically means store items and none store items can be RUS for basic sellers.

If both are available to basic sellers then a lot could be fixed by making them only available to Seller Plus Lifetime accounts. That way the people that use them at least have a commitment to the site that would tend to make them use it rather than just vanish.

Can anyone confirm or refute the availability of the two listing formats to basic seller accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I'm not sure on this but are RUS and OFB available to basic seller account holders?

I thought they were but the table say No for Run Until Sold (Store Inventory). Unless that specifically means store items and none store items can be RUS for basic sellers.

If both are available to basic sellers then a lot could be fixed by making them only available to Seller Plus Lifetime accounts. That way the people that use them at least have a commitment to the site that would tend to make them use it rather than just vanish.

Can anyone confirm or refute the availability of the two listing formats to basic seller accounts?
    on first bid is included on the standard auction & featured auction for seller level
    run-til-sold is included for seller level if they choose platinum auction.

Thread Information