My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Question-Help..How to save..

Default Question-Help..How to save..

I am trying to work on listings, How do I save an auction I am working on, If I can not finish it. At first I put in with a start date, Then I deleted it. I have fees charged for the month of January now, even though I deleted auction.

Also, If I put something in store, does it show as an auction like on feebay.

Is there a place to find these answers easily....

Thanks.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. Your store description is intriguing. Hope you get some listings up as soon as possible, which might be after the remodeling of the site.

You're aware eBid is planning to at least be down starting 1 am (US eastern standard time) Friday, Jan. 8? I'm not sure if this is when the full revamp will be launched or if it's simply downtime to work on the WYSIWYG listing editor.

As to stopping a listing after starting it, or stopping one that's only half completed, I think you look on the gray column of choices seen to the left of the body of the listing and select Edit/Close. Maybe you've already discovered that.

As to fees for nonexistent listings, maybe you just need to wait half an hour or more to see if your account gets updated regarding the listing.

Not sure what you mean about listings appearing like auctions on eBoy.

And regarding being charged for the pulled listing, sorry but I can't give any opinion. When I joined eBid, I sprang for the $49.99 offer immediately. I know that if you choose to take that plunge later, all previous subscription fees you've paid will be applied to the $49.99. However, the lifetime membership price will go up to $99.00 (approximately) when the revamp launches. I THINK. Hopefully more knowledgeable people will come along and contribute their help.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you submitted a listing (i.e. actually posted it up on eBid) that incurred fees at time of listing (e.g. Featured, Highlighted, etc.) rather than on sale then those fees apply regardless of the duration the listing actually appeared on eBid.

There is currently (it may change in the revamp) no way to save a part completed listing within eBid. The best suggestion I have seen is to switch to the Source editor and save at least the description to a text file on your computer and then paste it back later.

Making use of your My Defaults to fill in the stuff common to your listings can also save time.

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+481)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Or, if you are a Seller+ (therefore, incurring no listing fees*) you can post it unfinished (as long as you fill in some sort of value - anything - for price and posting and at least one picture if gallery is ticked and haven't added any 'extras') and then immediately close it, selecting the 'close' button, not the delete button which is next to it! I do this frequently when I get interrupted while listing. Then when I 'repost' I get the option to edit and add all the stuff I need to.

*I am not sure if non-seller+ people pay listing fees anyway - in which case it is the extras that have incurred the fees?

Thread Information