My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Tiscali isp

Arrow Tiscali isp

Sure glad I don't use these people as my isp provider. They can not even renew their domain in time.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doesn't apply to Tiscali UK, as that's now owned by Talk-Talk.co.uk

Are you sure? Well if thats the case Kevin Reed (private individual) has Talk-Talk.co.uk for sale at sedo then.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I rembember reading that talktalk had bought tiscali (not sure if it was the whole operation or just UK.

I got a surprise this morning when I logged into my e-mail (tiscali.co.uk) and found my self redirected to talktalk. This worried me as I downloaded new securtity software yesterday and thought that I might have been invaded while unprotected. And also when I have been redirected in the past normally a message comes up telling you what is happening.

Why is it that we are told internet security is SO IMPORTANT that we must have it and shouldn't go online without it. But when you switch providers you are not allowed to download the new software untill you have trashed the old one? Madness.

Any way I switched to google did a search for tiscali and got re-directed from there to talktalk; where I logged in with my normal details and reached my tiscali mailbox. What annoys me about this is that there was no warning about this either on the site or by e-mail. This does not bode well for future changes. When (not if) they decide to phase out the tiscali name totally will they tell us, just shut down silently?.

So Canuckbid I suspect that the domain name has now changed to talktalk or whoever have taken over from the international business.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Proof That They Do Not Know What They Are Doing

I went back to sign in on my tiscali account using the link that worked this morning. Guess what? The DNS could not be located , it is really pathetic when a company can't be bothered to update it's own systems.

At least it shows that they weren't trying to cause eBid problems when the forums changed address; it was just down to sheer incompetence.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information