eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Won Item - Seller not got the Item

Quote Originally Posted by my3jems View Post
    Rubysafira:

Sorry I didn't make my point clear; I was off and running to a class. I had a major problem with a seller and, being new to eBid, read many forum discussions about problems with sellers. I also asked for help and received much advice from people who truly want to keep this a good auction site.

Several people suggested a complaint or report to eBid's support desk about a bad seller; some put links to it (that's where I got to wondering if there is a different support desk in the US and the UK...I thought I read two different email addresses.)

When I alerted eBid on two occasions I was very pleased at their prompt and friendly response - and they did comply to my request to remove the seller's negative feedback which was untruthful.

However, I still am not sure to what extent they want us to bring up concerns about "sellers gone bad". I say it this way because the seller I had bought the three items from had 16 positive ratings prior to my purchases. Why she wouldn't contact me until 4 weeks after I paid for the purchases, I'll never know. She only did so after I left negative feedback. She was actively selling other items on eBid. She promptly replied to a question I asked about another item she had up for bid. (I did this to see if she was still around - it was advice given on this forum.)

So, is there someone from the eBid support desk who reads these? If so, can you help me with some answers? Exactly what should I have done when the seller didn't ship, didn't communicate for almost 4 weeks (even after I and Paypal tried to contact her), but DID have my money the whole time? Do you want to know about these bad experiences, or do we (the buyer) just call it another learning experience (and lose our money in the meantime)?

From the posts I've read from people who have been with eBid for a long time, it seems there are many eBidders who truly would like to keep this a super site, and they want problem sellers (or buyers) to stop ruining the good reputation the honest ones have tried so hard to build and maintain.

Yes and that's why it's important to report bad sellers/buyers to Ebid.

But actually getting into the middle of a transaction between buyer and seller is what I meant in my post and I was responding to this part:

"eBid is a venue. Similar to you (sic) classified ads in local papers. Our site acts as the venue for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers' auctions. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers."

A lot of sellers use this site along with others so sometimes something will get sold on another site and still be listed here. Obviously it should be removed when sold, I think even a good seller could make a mistake and forget to remove it or not remove it quickly enough, but if it took the seller a while to reply to you it might be that they are not maintaining their auctions here.

There are a lot of sellers here that take a lot of time over their listings and keep things up to date, but there do also seem to be some that just list items then don't bother visiting the site to check on things.
    Last edited by nhoneymonster; 20th January 2010 at 08:43 PM.
    See my YDC auctions here

Quote Originally Posted by onlyjane View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to ebid and unfortunately not had a good first bid.

I bid on Buy It Now, wonderful Harry Potter film cell presentation.
    I emailed the sellar several times before getting any response.
    When I did it was to tell me that he did not have the item and it
    should have been removed.

Low and behold, it has happend a second time with another item.

Is this normal on ebid ?

Its really off putting, bid - win - item doesn't exist.

Sorry, but I feel quite miffed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by my3jems View Post
    Just wondering if eBid really wants us to report bad sellers (or buyers) to retain the integrity of its auction site? Is the support team different in the UK and the US, or is it the same team?

After much discussion in this forum over the seller who didn't ship to me, then said pkg had been returned to her with 1 item missing, etc., etc., etc., I contacted support to have her dishonest negative feedback removed. They hesitantly did so (and removed mine at the same time...don't know why.)

Then I contacted them asking them to help resolve the problem with the seller. Maybe I should have come right out and 'filed' a complaint. Their response was, "eBid is a venue. Similar to you (sic) classified ads in local papers. Our site acts as the venue for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers' auctions. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers."
    I am so sorry you have both had such a bad experience. Please keep trying though. Most sellers and buyers here are very good. Please don't let this experience put you off Ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by nhoneymonster View Post
    A lot of sellers use this site along with others so sometimes something will get sold on another site and still be listed here. Obviously it should be removed when sold, I think even a good seller could make a mistake and forget to remove it or not remove it quickly enough, but if it took the seller a while to reply to you it might be that they are not maintaining their auctions here.

There are a lot of sellers here that take a lot of time over their listings and keep things up to date, but there do also seem to be some that just list items then don't bother visiting the site to check on things.
    That should definitely not happen. People should not put auctions up that they have elsewhere if they do not have enough of them to sell on more than one site. That really is bad news if they do.
    Rotating their auctions on several sites is one thing but to have duplicates in the hope that one item will sell is totally wrong and not fair to buyers
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

I wouldn't like to chance it personally, both could sell then you'd have to let a customer down and you wouldn't look good, the buyer would probably be put off buying from you again.

From looking at the forums there seem to be a lot of cases where people do list duplicates on different sites though, sometimes out of frustration as they're not getting sales here, but not a good idea as you chance letting customers down.

Unfortunately there have been a few posts recently where a buyer has had a bad experience on their first purchase, not good for the site as they'll probably be put off using it again.
    See my YDC auctions here

Forum Newbie
    View my3jems's Feedback (+1)
    All-About my3jems
    View my3jems's Listings
    Forum Posts

Craig7501:
    Happy to do so...I'll take a peek at your auctions.

P.S. Did you know that the asian beetle can cause asthma? Do you have asian beetles in the UK? (often confused with the ladybug)

This is why I feel ebid needs to close all auctions/listings if a seller has not logged into the site for more than one month. Then if the seller contacts support they can get their items reinstated. This does not look good for the site, IMHO.

Thread Information