eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Stamps for payment; stamp selling

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Stamps for payment; stamp selling

Sometimes ideas come to me very early in the morning. Here is today's:

What do the rest of you think about sending, as buyers, and accepting, as sellers, postage stamps that are usable in your own country? They incur no Google Checkout, PayPal or other such fees. They are as good as cash, assuming you buy postage stamps at your local post office frequently, including for international shipping. They are very lightweight to mail. For odd amounts like fractions of dollars or GBP, they are not heavy or loud like coins. The only slight question about their usefulness, that I have so far, is if it is safer to send them than cash. I think potential thieves might not be as interested in stamps as in currency notes (if that's the right term).

I thought about putting up some listings of maybe $40.00 or more worth of US stamps, for overseas people to buy and then use in their international purchases instead of cash, Google, PayPal, etc. I would like to buy UK, Canadian, French, etc., stamps for my own spending sprees, especially in YDC Auctions where we try to get all possible funds to the charity rather than to payment services.

Has this idea been floated before? Please shoot it down or egg it on for me.

An interesting idea. Need to think about it. Not sure how safe they'd be in the mail. As a seller I prefer money. Will be interesting to hear what others have to say.

Thread Information