Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to Ebid, any tips?

Default New to Ebid, any tips?

Comming over from ebay.
    I sell new car, marine, motorcycle and home audio & visual products among a few other things. All my listings will be fixed price. Just wondered about a few things. I have not went through everthing yet so some of these questions might be "Duh" ones to those that have been here awhile.

What length of time is best to put things up on a FP listing to get the best exposure.

I thought I saw somewhere that you could import your feedback and listings from ebay but can't find it.

What is the best way to put together a listing that will get picked up by Google.

I did the seller+ so I have access to making 5 stores. Should I invest the time to open these or just make listings and forget the stores.

The seller + plan said it has no listing fees or FVF but I was playing around with the lister and saw that if I wanted gallery (I assume that is a pic showing with my listing on the search results) that I would be charged a 2% FVF. This does not really bother me as it is a heck of a lot better then ebay but just wanted to make sure I was seeing this right.

Any help with these questions would be great!! I'm sure I'll have more.
    P.S. What has impressed me most so far is I've browsed the forum and seen so many nice posts from seasoned ebid members helping out others!! Nice change from the flaming I've seen on ebays boards.

David

Welcome aboard - good advice will be coming from others - I still rely on them
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Most of your questions answered in my Knowledge Base. Link below in my sig.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by john316stonec90 View Post
    Comming over from ebay.
    I sell new car, marine, motorcycle and home audio & visual products among a few other things. All my listings will be fixed price. Just wondered about a few things. I have not went through everthing yet so some of these questions might be "Duh" ones to those that have been here awhile.

What length of time is best to put things up on a FP listing to get the best exposure.

I thought I saw somewhere that you could import your feedback and listings from ebay but can't find it.

What is the best way to put together a listing that will get picked up by Google.

I did the seller+ so I have access to making 5 stores. Should I invest the time to open these or just make listings and forget the stores.

The seller + plan said it has no listing fees or FVF but I was playing around with the lister and saw that if I wanted gallery (I assume that is a pic showing with my listing on the search results) that I would be charged a 2% FVF. This does not really bother me as it is a heck of a lot better then ebay but just wanted to make sure I was seeing this right.

Any help with these questions would be great!! I'm sure I'll have more.
    P.S. What has impressed me most so far is I've browsed the forum and seen so many nice posts from seasoned ebid members helping out others!! Nice change from the flaming I've seen on ebays boards.

David
    It is recommended you list your items for about 7 - 10 - 12 - 14 days (take your pick) with 10 auto relists. I don't know what FP is?

Feedback from other auction sites can be retrieved by signing up with www.repatoo.com - We are still waiting for the Ninja Lister to do the listing importation from eBay (supposed to be up and running this weekend).

To get your items on to Google (automatically done by eBid within a couple of hours or sooner) you must have a Buy Now price (you can include a bid price as well, or a combination of each separately)

It doesn't really matter whether auctions are in stores or not - they all get equal viewing chances as any other. Stores are great if you have 100's & 1000's of listings that need some sort of category/theme order.

Correct, a gallery auction incurs a FVF of 2% when items sells - all the other extra options incur fees every time a listing is relisted for XXX amount of days.

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    It is recommended you list your items for about 7 - 10 - 12 - 14 days (take your pick) with 10 auto relists. I don't know what FP is?

Feedback from other auction sites can be retrieved by signing up with www.repatoo.com - We are still waiting for the Ninja Lister to do the listing importation from eBay (supposed to be up and running this weekend).

To get your items on to Google (automatically done by eBid within a couple of hours or sooner) you must have a Buy Now price (you can include a bid price as well, or a combination of each separately)

It doesn't really matter whether auctions are in stores or not - they all get equal viewing chances as any other. Stores are great if you have 100's & 1000's of listings that need some sort of category/theme order.

Correct, a gallery auction incurs a FVF of 2% when items sells - all the other extra options incur fees every time a listing is relisted for XXX amount of days.

x
    Thank you!! That helps alot.
    FP is a fixed price listing, (buy now), no bidding. Just wondering if I can do the 7 - 10 - 12 - 14 days (take your pick) with 10 auto relists with this kind of listing or does it have to have a bidding option.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by john316stonec90 View Post
    Thank you!! That helps alot.
    FP is a fixed price listing, (buy now), no bidding. Just wondering if I can do the 7 - 10 - 12 - 14 days (take your pick) with 10 auto relists with this kind of listing or does it have to have a bidding option.
    Yes, you can choose whatever days you like for Buy Now and/or bid price or combination.

Be aware that there are hardly any bidding wars here on eBid so if you do have any listings with bid start prices, make sure the amount is the least you are willing to accept.

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Yes, you can choose whatever days you like for Buy Now and/or bid price or combination.

Be aware that there are hardly any bidding wars here on eBid so if you do have any listings with bid start prices, make sure the amount is the least you are willing to accept.

x
    Thank you. That is good to know.

Read past forums on all our tips and theories on increasing sales. About 20 of them to get you selling fast.

Most important is to use BIN PLUS ten automatic relists to get your items on google. ebid downloads frequently, my record has been seeing an item come up on google in 16 minutes!!

I also do the 7 day auctions, too. Some people like them and I price them $1 lower than the buy it now. They save a buck if they wait until auction expires.

Trick with selling to to get a lot of items up. List until you get to the point that those listings start to generate the sales you want (this has to do with the google searchs). At 450 items, I generate at least a couple of sales a day, but lately have had lots more, all from google searches and multiple sales. You might need to list 500 items or whatever, but I guarantee that if you list like we did on feebay, list a few at a time, you will never have sales here. Some people sit here with 20 items and don't get a single nibble. Those who list a lot fast, have google link, notify old buyers, link from their websites, get sales within the first 2-3 weeks.

Variety of items and prices works well given the economy. Attracts lots of people in google.

Offer a sale via your banner, and a discount for shipping if they buy more than one item. Buyers on ebid love their bargains, discounts, and buying multiples. Make it worth their while and they will buy 3 or 4 instead of one.

Scrap all the feebay stuff. Start fresh. No lists of rules buyers must follow, etc. Don't bring the colorful listings over either. Keep it straight, simple with good information for buyers. If your descriptions are only one line and the rest is "don't do this" you will have few sales here. Check out everyone's listings and see what we mean.

Never use RUN UNTIL SOLD. This puts your listings at bottom of category and never move. Use 7 day auction (plus BIN plus 10 automatic relists) and your items move up the lists and end up on top. Lots of exposure.

One you get up and running and do not have a sale in 2-3 weeks, come back and let us look at your listings. We can suggest tweeks that will get you selling fast.

Bottom line is that ebid is soaring right now with lots of bids/sales. Get in on it. Decide how much you want to sell daily/weekly and then move toward that goal.

Welcome to ebid. Someone is always here to answer questions, we are a bunch of night owls and UK is 8 hours ahead of us so all hours are covered on forums.

Thread Information