Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Search engine query. Works or not!

Forum Newbie
    View Kiwialan's Feedback (+373)
    All-About Kiwialan
    View Kiwialan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Search engine query. Works or not!

Have been quietly working away lately and have over 300 lots of coins placed at the moment. I then decided to use the search engine to find some of my lots. Guess what? I found nothing of my lots! Why? Is it because I have a store and they are listed until they are sold?

Whatever it sort of ****ed me of no end! No wonder my sales have slowed right down for months, except for a couple of friends who every now and then buy something of me.

Is it a problem with the search engine? Is it a problem with me? Or has it all been changed! And I missed it. If the search engine won't pick up my lots, then it's a waste of time me loading stuff here to sell.

Someone who knows might just be able to help me, as I can't now find how to contact the people in charge (was going to ask what happened to my free T shirt for joining up and paying a life time fee!!!) and that was 18 months ago!!

1. The search function works just fine for me. I looked for several of your items and they showed up without problem.

2. The link to "Contact us" is on multiple pages throughout the site. You can also find it in the HELP pages.

3. Until you contact them and tell them which size you require, you won't get a shirt.
    16) How do I claim my free t-shirt?

After upgrading to Seller+ Lifetime, simply contact us via our contact form on the Helpdesk index page with your username. We will check it out and mail to your registered address.
    http://uk.ebid.net/help_register.php#16

Forum Newbie
    All-About Kiwialan
    View Kiwialan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, I'll go and try again.

And I did ask about my free T shirt when I joined, and got a reply, but no T shirt

Cheers for the quick reply, impressive!

Yes, I found your store, and your auctions immediately. Everything seems fine.

I know exactly why you have not had sales. You need the buy it now option AND the ten automatic relists to get downloaded to google. I am not sure if New Zealand is included or not, but if not, you might want to include your stores on our various websites which gets your items on google in a round about way.

Also, you list your items as run until sold, so no one on ebid looks at your items. They stay on bottom of category. You should use a 7-10 auction instead.

Also, when you come on the forums, add a link to your site so that we can look at your items.

We get buyers from google, ebid members, old customers and our own marketing. You need to make sure you work on all of these in order to get your sales moving. Google is by far the largest, all my new buyers come in that way.

good luck

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I know exactly why you have not had sales. You need the buy it now option AND the ten automatic relists to get downloaded to google.
    What difference does ten relists make to visibility?

I am not sure if New Zealand is included or not, but if not,
    It's not. UK, US, Germany. That's the lot.

you might want to include your stores on our various websites which gets your items on google in a round about way.
    Plus it's only google *products* that's dependent on the upload, standard google search can still find items on ebid, wherever they're based.

Also, you list your items as run until sold, so no one on ebid looks at your items. They stay on bottom of category. You should use a 7-10 auction instead.
    I agree that run until sold stays at the bottom of search lists, but "no one on ebid looks"? A bit extreme. If searches are narrow enough they'll be visible remember. Depends on the numbers present. Being last in a list of three, for example, wouldn't be a problem.

Also, when you come on the forums, add a link to your site so that we can look at your items.
    We can anyway. The "All about" link does that. Banners on forums used to be essential. Now they're just a useful advertising medium.

We get buyers from google, ebid members, old customers and our own marketing. You need to make sure you work on all of these in order to get your sales moving. Google is by far the largest, all my new buyers come in that way.

good luck
    I don't know how all my buyers find me. Since I largely sell to other sellers (that being the nature of what I sell here) I expect most of them find me via the forums. I agree with your list, but suspect which item is top of that list depends on what one sells.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Kiwialan
    View Kiwialan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your replies, all food for thought. Have learnt some things that I didn't know about, other things a bit disappointing. But go for it, will continue to load items up, 'cause one day things will improve.

Alan at all about Kiwialan on the left hand side

Thread Information