eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone need help with google friendly search terms?

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

cheers Bits..any help much appreciated.

Forum Lurker
    View bitsofstuff's Feedback (+5)
    All-About bitsofstuff
    View bitsofstuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok yes i can see that those items are much harder to describe - if I am searching for a particular item i often search for eg " Art Deco Vase" or " Noritake plate" so some of those items are described the best that you can describe them.

You need to think would someone search for a Large Bowl, well they may or would they search for something specific? Google doesn't alwasy list exactly what you have stated in your description, so using the most prominent key words is important - it is not always easy i know.

Also if you have had something listed for a few months by changing the description you may well have that item shown another time in google . Google products will only show your item for a short while on page one and then they change. So outside of google, the only way those items will sell is for them to be seen here. Unless you had something really sought after, i can se why it could be hard to shift some of the vintage items and because "Vintage" is a popular search term then you could try changing some of the irems that have been stagnant for a while to "Vintage Glass Bowl, very large, green" May not make prefect sense but you have hit the keywords and that item may just be wasier to find in a search.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

cheers bits..will go see what i can change..thank you very much !

Forum Lurker
    All-About bitsofstuff
    Forum Posts

Her majesty - 35mm slides appears to be the key word that people would search for in a search engine search - i can see that you have sold quite a lot - if you have records of past sales, if you look at what your descriptions were then this will help.

I just did a google search for you and it was the word Vintage that pulled your shop up, forst i put in 35mm slides and got notthing much, then i added 100, this brought up new film for some reason and finally "100 35ml vintage slides" and you came up three times - so it would need someone to put in that search term to find your store.

I did search for Vintage slides and an ebid seller did show up on page one of google just in a normal search but it wasn't your store - BUT i would be tempted to change a few of your descriptions to state what the item is first an then the amount.

If you are selling and its going well then only change the descriptions on items that have been static for a long while.

Again you have a specific item so easy enough to list.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bitsofstuff
    Forum Posts

Irene, your Estee lauder and brand named items are spot on for descriptions - anyone wanting Estee Lauder would search for just that.

The bags could do with a bit of a description change but not all of them - unless your bags sell really well - the aim is to generate more people finding ebid in google so if you wanted to buy a bag think about what you would put in the search bar?

Big Bag?

Bag?

Large Bag??

Red bag??

if you vary the search terms you offer more search terms and so when that customer writes in" Big bag" out of all of your bag auctions you have one that has those search terms. So again if you have had a bag that hasn't sold in ages it is worth changing the descriptions - google likes changes and will trawl through new information but won't go through the same information twice.

Your images are very good - I actually saw your pink bag the first day i came onto ebid - before i got my shop, so your stuff is nice and attractive and once people are in ebid i can see why they would want to buy but getting people in from google will increase the posibility of sales.

You ladies all have good descriptions - some of the ones on here are dire though

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I do OK thanks
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

bits might need your help in a couple of weeks

got a cracker that i'm gonna put on for sale and will need maximum exposure for it
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Forum Lurker
    All-About bitsofstuff
    Forum Posts

What i have found out by doing this bit of "investigating" Is that ebid is spidered not only for the google shopping but also generally and that page one of google is achievable. This means that yes your item title description is very important but also your item description.

Again for items that have been stagnant for a while, making changes to that text will grab googlebots attention and have it trawling your text more often.

I haven't searched in Yahoo and elsehwhere just yet but will do.

Also what you need to remember is that if you decribe and item as " Glass vase with red and white flowers" that if you copy that exact search term into google it more than likely will bring up your item - BUT your customers will never or it is highly inlikely that they will key in that exact term so you need to guess what they are most likely to key in - " I may want a "flowery glass vase" i have typed in two of those key words and maybe a million other glass vases are being sold on the net... so getting as many search terms in as possible - maybe not in the title but in your main description is vital.

Flowers
    Flowery
    Floral
    Flower

You never know what term someone will use and unless you have it in your description it has a lot less chance of being found in a google search.

Hope this helps :-)
    Last edited by bitsofstuff; 4th April 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bitsofstuff
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    bits might need your help in a couple of weeks

got a cracker that i'm gonna put on for sale and will need maximum exposure for it
    Just ask :-)

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bitsofstuff View Post
    What i have found out by doing this bit of "investigating" Is that ebid is spidered not only for the google shopping but also generally and that page one of google is achievable. This means that yes your item title description is very important but also your item description.

Again for items that have been stagnant for a while, making changes to that text will grab googlebots attention and have it trawling your text more often.

I haven't searched in Yahoo and elsehwhere just yet but will do.

Also what you need to remember is that if you decribe and item as " Glass vase with red and white flowers" that if you copy that exact search term into google it more than likely will bring up your item - BUT your customers will never or it is highly inlikely that they will key in that exact term so you need to guess what they are most likely to key in - " I may want a "flowery glass vase" i have typed in two of those key words and maybe a million other glass vases are being sold on the net... so getting as many search terms in as possible - maybe not in the title but in your main description is vital.

Hope this helps :-)
    tis for sellers but as i'm not an avid seller it dont mean much to me but have taken note and may contact you nearer the time

I know i gonna do it wrong so will need yor
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Thread Information