Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Contentious question about YDC

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    To be honest, I've spent the last few months promoting YDC like stink, and doing everything I can to look for ways to improve it and spread the word... and all that seems to happen is that the old guard complain that it's not like it used to be. No, neither's any other part of the world economy. Well, YDC is nothing to do with me, I'm just an interested party who wanted to see it work as well as possible and looked for ways to make the most of it in an increasingly difficult economic climate. I am grateful for everything YDC has done to help the RNLI, and proud of what we've all achieved, but I think it's time I gave my head a rest, and the wall a chance to recover. So I'll stop hitting one with the other and put my energies elsewhere.
    Oh, don't give up.... you have the computer skills to do a really good job on such things (unlike me) - and your head will be OK - you're wearing your helmet!!

I buy new items to donate to the YDC - tried 5p start with worldwide free P&P, tried to think of useful but funny things, attractive things, unusual things.... but no new buyers at all. Note to my existing bidders - don't take the hump now - you are so necessary!!! Thank you one and alI I have bought from UK and USA buyers.

One complaint - Up until recently I was able to see what items did not have bids - now I have to plough through them all individually.

I must admit to being at a total loss - nothing I have tried has worked to bring new folk to join in. I don't feel I am in any clique - have a good light-hearted laugh with some, take the 'p' out of those who I know (or hope!) won't be offfended - sorry Jay and Magz in particular

- just trying to get some fun going to try and encourage others to join in and have fun - not to make anyone feel left out or not wanted or that it is some private party.

I have only been here 6 months so don't know what 'the good old days' were like. YDC is fun and raises money for good causes. I would not like it to stop. But new donors and buyers are necessary to make it even bigger and better. But I don''t know the answer. Anyway waffle over... over to you all -
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just thought that I ought to design a flyer re the YDC to enclose with other sales. That might get some new ones looking. Or any offers from clever people?

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I have only been here 6 months so don't know what 'the good old days' were like. YDC is fun and raises money for good causes. I would not like it to stop. But new donors and buyers are necessary to make it even bigger and better. But I don''t know the answer. Anyway waffle over... over to you all -
    You were one of the people "newer than me" I was thinking of - you are someone who has joined in with enthusiasm.

Thread Information