Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: constructive criticism please

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jane6905 View Post
    I did it!!!!! lol it might just might have worked!!! closes eyes and prays to her up high!

great minds, I did exactly as you suggested but before you suggested (honest idid), have printed off forms that give me an at a glance postage price for items under such a weight.. so on and so forth, added the packaging on top and hey presto.. bulk edited the items!

phew, wipes very sweaty brow and wonders where the bloody sun went!.. it has been lovely all the time I have been preoccupied with this, and now i have some free tea time, its raining!
    Yes, but look on the bright side... it's very nearly the cocktail hour.

Quote Originally Posted by jane6905 View Post
    ok measuring earrings as i type...! never in my born days would i have ever imagined that I would be measuring earrings! lol

Have removed postage all together to outside mainland UK, marked it as unknown. Pretty much every country has a different rate, USA and others have revenue to pay on arrival.. so unsure how to avoid that nasty surprise.

re the colours.. though I had been descriptive regarding their colours, though obviously my perception of a colour and style can be totally different to Aunty Mawd down the road, this is all subjective....

Thanks for the advise, its nice to see that people here aren't as money grabbing as over there.....

janey x
    As an earring wearer I thank you. It does matter how long it hangs down and how it sits on or below the ear. Lots of times it tells me if it will be delicate or big and bold. Even with my laces, sometimes I will get my hand, fingers in pix to give the item some proportion for buyer. Don't want them saying "I thought it was lots bigger than that".

Colors, we all run into that, but buyers like you to make sure item matches pix and that you say, this is hot pink. Kind of cuts out any problems when buyers open package and see it looks different.

I can let system calculate postage for international, can't you too, or does UK site work differently? We just feed the wt/method and when int'l buyer comes on listing, it shows correct shipping.

We try to be helpful because every new seller or buyer means ebid will grow. And we grow with it. Sure some people sell just what we do, but the more the merrier on ebid.

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

On advise from ByKimbo i have set a flat rate postage, one that incorporates delivery signatures... one to UK one to Europe and one to Rest of world...

If they chose an option that does not have a signature confirmation then the disclaimer on the listings should cope with that minor hiccup!....

as for measuring... i didn't quite get round to that, but will be sorting it within the hour.. my baby needs a bath and so do i! (the flies are getting far too much to cope with)

hopefully ew can start to see the fruits of our labours when others realise that greed bay really isn't as great after all! (my takings fell £60 short of the fee's!)

thankfully I already knew about you here, so the leap over wasn't a hard one to make, we just now need to get more people coming over...

i have added myself to my partners advertising web ste for nothing (free to all i hasten to add)...

if we can get more sites like that to accept our ebid shops the greater web prescence will boost ebid up the ratings and hopefully our success will rise also?

Janey

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Glad you sorted it all out. Good luck!
    hell's teeth, you should charge a consultation fee! lol

thank you very much for all your help

Thread Information