My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ways to sell please help

Red face Ways to sell please help

I have been on for nearly a year have asked advice have followed it hopefully. Still not really selling. If somebody would look at my listings and tell me what would encourage a sell I would be grateful. My feedback on the dark side is over 1000 and over 50 on here that is more for buying then selling and I am quite happy to do both but would like the percentages to be a bit more even. I am promoting Ebid to friends, family and strangers who buy from me. I have had bids on here but the people do not pay or even say what the problem is if there is one.

one thing I would say is you are a seller+ therefore you have 5 stores for free.... use them...

put your toys in one your clothes in another and maybe your shoes in a 3rd.... that way if someone searches by store type your store/listings will show up there

I've only been listing here for a month, and haven't sold anything yet. I started out listing and keep reading the forums. There is a lot to take in and I learn something new every day.

I have now added five stores and I'm tweaking what I listed initially and adding new items.

But, I'm not certain of the next step in terms of what I can do to generate some traffic and promote eBid to other Canadians etc.

On the dark side, I have 102 feedback as a seller and 156 as a buyer. I don't have customers or contacts from there to tell about eBid. I'm not a Facebook / Twitter person. My social circle in 'real' life tends to be old gals who don't know how to turn on a computer and don't care to.

I've thought about ways to promote eBid around our town. It's a town where the average age is younger and tends to be more computer savy. But, unless there are lots of sellers, especially North American sellers of all kinds of goods, then what is the point if there isn't a lot of selection to purchase. More vicious circle. If there aren't the buyers then the sellers don't want to waste time listing on eBid.

So I'm just not certain what else to do as an individual hobby seller.

Maybe I'll put up something on the local bulletin boards. This is a smaller town, only 8,000 people and people read the bulletin boards for notices about yard sales and other for sale items. We have a summertime farmers' market and it draws good crowds for local crafters and producers of vegetables. Maybe one of the crafters would be interested in eBid.

Any other ideas that won't cost too much $ out of pocket?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes as I have said before, there are lots of categories on here with hardly any listings.

If we expect serious buyers to start coming to ebid, we need to offer the full range.

Eh computer software, cellphones, car parts.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

1. Signature on the forums - we are a nosey lot on eBid and one way of getting some possible sales is by putting your signature on the bottom of your posts.
    Instructions are here eBid Knowledge Base
    2. List as many items as possible.
    3. There are many international buyers/sellers on the forums too so try and offer postage to them if you are happy to do so. Go to the Kitchen Table and start replying to threads. With your signature at the bottom people can click your links and therefore maybe a sale. No signature then very few will bother to go any further.
    4. Promote your listings in the 'Plug your auctions' board. Read the rules on the knowledge base first.
    That's a start but most of all don't give up. Sales are slower here but remember that Rome wasn't built in a day either.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Thread Information