eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Ebid and Surcharges - question to Mark/Gazza

Default Re: Paypal Ebid and Surcharges - question to Mark/Gazza

thank you for that
    i just wanted to make sure cos there is a hooha on ebay round table about it
    its not a paypal rule that you can/cant but an ebay one apparently.

thank you for that
    i just wanted to make sure cos there is a hooha on ebay round table about it
    its not a paypal rule that you can/cant but an ebay one apparently.

View 2steps's Feedback (+525)
    All-About 2steps
    View 2steps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always added a paypal surcharge to my auctions at ebay and ebid.
    As long as the charge is resonable, as a buyer I am happy to pay it and use paypal and I have a lot of my auctions paid for by paypal so guess other most feel the same

All-About 2steps
    View 2steps's Listings
    Forum Posts

As long as the charge is resonable, as a buyer I am happy to pay it and use paypal and I have a lot of my auctions paid for by paypal so guess other most feel the same

All-About 2steps
    View 2steps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forum Newbie
    View OnestBob's Feedback (+884)
    All-About OnestBob
    View OnestBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read the Ebay rules yesterday and they DO NOT say you cannot surcharge but your surcharge must not exceed the actual cost involved.

They do say you cannot surcharge for sales to the USA as surcharging is illegal there but I have asked them to explain that more carefully as the sale actually takes place under UK law where surcharges are legal. I do not expect a reply.
    Their own logic would suggest that as surcharging is legal in the UK then USA citizens could do it for UK sales which would actually be illegal as the sale takes place in the USA. That raises an interesting point then about the legality of sellers based in the USA surcharging for any form of electronic payment on it's Ebid sales!

Forum Newbie
    All-About OnestBob
    View OnestBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read the Ebay rules yesterday and they DO NOT say you cannot surcharge but your surcharge must not exceed the actual cost involved.

They do say you cannot surcharge for sales to the USA as surcharging is illegal there but I have asked them to explain that more carefully as the sale actually takes place under UK law where surcharges are legal. I do not expect a reply.
    Their own logic would suggest that as surcharging is legal in the UK then USA citizens could do it for UK sales which would actually be illegal as the sale takes place in the USA. That raises an interesting point then about the legality of sellers based in the USA surcharging for any form of electronic payment on it's Ebid sales!

Forum Newbie
    All-About OnestBob
    View OnestBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

well ive been reading the thread on the RT about this and the latest from randall the pink on paypal is that it is not paypal rules it is the market place which sets the rules, ie ebay or in this case ebid. so ebay are saying uk sellers cannot charge usa buyers a surcharge, not paypal.

so for here i would think you can charge usa sellers a surcharge if its ok with ebid. thats why i asked the question to mark/gary
    not that that applies yet over here as there are few of them.

well ive been reading the thread on the RT about this and the latest from randall the pink on paypal is that it is not paypal rules it is the market place which sets the rules, ie ebay or in this case ebid. so ebay are saying uk sellers cannot charge usa buyers a surcharge, not paypal.

so for here i would think you can charge usa sellers a surcharge if its ok with ebid. thats why i asked the question to mark/gary
    not that that applies yet over here as there are few of them.

Thread Information