eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we allowed to list gift vouchers or voucher codes ?

Default Are we allowed to list gift vouchers or voucher codes ?

Sorry if this has been asked before.....but does anyone know if we are we allowed to list website gift vouchers (website voucher codes) for sale on eBid ? ....the would be gift vouchers for my own website(s) not other peoples!

I have had a look at the exclusion list and cannot see that these are banned, but am wondering if there is a definitive answer - I'd hate to list them and have them pulled.

Many thanks
    Last edited by busylizziecrafts; 21st June 2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: clarification

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

When it comes to definitive answers, only ebid can give one and I've given up trying to pre-guess, or even expecting yesterday's definitive answer to still be tomorrow's! Bless 'em. So if you want to know today's definitive answer, you'd be best off email support. But that said, I can't see why it would be a problem if you have a real voucher - a deliverable item should be fine, it's virtual stuff they get a bit twitchy about as a rule. I list "joke vouchers" that aren't really exchangeable, and those are okay, so yours should be even more okay. ;o)

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I and, I expect, a lot of others will be interested in Supports answer to this so please come back on here and let us know what they say.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

I've just sent a query to Support and will let you know their answer when I hear back from them.

Have just received a reply from Support:

".....We are sorry but we do not allow these items on eBid....."

That's a shame - I was hoping to offer a voucher code in YDC for a linen tea towel of the winner's choice from my website in YDC each month. Oh well - bidders will now have to bid on a linen tea towel of my choice...

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by busylizziecrafts View Post
    Have just received a reply from Support:

".....We are sorry but we do not allow these items on eBid....."

That's a shame - I was hoping to offer a voucher code in YDC for a linen tea towel of the winner's choice from my website in YDC each month. Oh well - bidders will now have to bid on a linen tea towel of my choice...
    Really!? er... could you tell me exactly how you phrased the description of the item? Thanks.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not surprised support said no as I would think that selling a gift voucher on eBid is actually a way of advertising your own website. It wouldn't take long before everyone was doing it.

If it had been a voucher to use on your eBid store the answer may have been different.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah... just read it again and seen several things that didn't register the first time. one, you talk about a voucher *code* now, not a printed, physical voucher. And two, as Tony says, you say the voucher's for use off eBid and could be seen as a way to encourage off-site sales. I think if you offered a printed voucher to be posted, and it was for use on eBid to buy items listed here, that would be a different kettle of fish.

....... how would I create a voucher which could be redeemed during the eBid payment process please

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by busylizziecrafts View Post
    ....... how would I create a voucher which could be redeemed during the eBid payment process please
    If you created a unique code and printed that on the voucher, then the bearer just needs to tell you what the code is and you can discount the invoice accordingly. So if I buy the voucher XYZ123 and give it to my friend Joe Bloggs, he buys from you and before payment says I have voucher XYZ123 you knock off the appropriate amount and update your register of vouchers to say that one's been used. Print full instructions on the voucher, and make it clear it's for use on eBid purchases only. How's that?

If you wanted an automatic way, sorry, there ain't one. (o:

Thread Information