Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering using eBid instead of failBay

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Paypal is by far the most widely used payment method worldwide.

So if you don't accept it you may miss out on some sales.

(But like everyone the 21day holds and the suspensions for no reason worry me/us)

As to which is the next most widely used - who knows ? - we'd all like to know, but I have not seen any figures.

Google Checkout cannot be going that good or they would have extended it to many other countries by now.

I think Google just play with some things eg Google product Search and Google Checkout..

Yes, I am sure that most buyers prefer to use PayPal. I am confident that they will have major competition at some point in time but at the moment no other processor comes close to having the volume of users.

Forum Newbie
    All-About shalak1989
    View shalak1989's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as the dropshipping goes if the customer needs a refund within the return/refund policy time-frame it shouldnt be a big issue, especially if im selling here instead of feebay. I It depends on why the customer is getting a refund really and in some cases it may cost you some extra money to do a refund but that is the risk of dropshipping.

Does anyone know if eBid sales get less holds than FailBay sales? Since failpal and failbay are basically one in the same I am wondering if its only a big deal there.

Speaking about drop shipping in general - If the seller doesnt have enough money to pay for the dropshipped items without relying on the money the customer used to pay for said items then it will be a problem - a huge problem if the dropshipper turns out not to be trustworthy.

I know someone who started using a drop shipper that turned out to be very low in quality and service. She had to send large refunds out to a lot of people after she had already paid the drop shipper. She lost hundreds of dollars.

Dont let anything like that happen to you - be very careful about what drop shipper you use.
    Last edited by oldhillbilly; 2nd July 2010 at 02:54 PM.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldhillbilly View Post
    Yes, I am sure that most buyers prefer to use PayPal. I am confident that they will have major competition at some point in time but at the moment no other processor comes close to having the volume of users.
    Which is why I am going to sign up to Paymate! The more that do the better we will all be.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Yes the internet is full of magical get rich schemes (legal and legit) that look great.

One is Drop Shipping. There are 4 or 5 companies that look big - pushing it onto newbies.
    Article Marketing. They are telling everyone that the way to make money is to write articles and then publish them.
    Blogs. They tell everyone to set up a blog and put ads on it and rake in the doh.

All of these things imho have had their day, and are now a waste of time. There are just too many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes the internet is full of magical get rich schemes (legal and legit) that look great.

One is Drop Shipping. There are 4 or 5 companies that look big - pushing it onto newbies.
    Article Marketing. They are telling everyone that the way to make money is to write articles and then publish them.
    Blogs. They tell everyone to set up a blog and put ads on it and rake in the doh.

All of these things imho have had their day, and are now a waste of time. There are just too many of them.
    Actually that isnt entirely true There are a lot of people making their living by publishing blogs for the sake of advertisements such as Google and others. Article marketing and blogging arent get rich quick schemes by any means but with work and dedication they can pay off. I have been doing that full time for years now and it is our primary source of earnings.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldhillbilly View Post
    Actually that isn't entirely true There are a lot of people making their living by publishing blogs for the sake of advertisements such as Google and others. Article marketing and blogging aren't get rich quick schemes by any means but with work and dedication they can pay off. I have been doing that full time for years now and it is our primary source of earnings.
    That's good to hear! - well done!

Forum Newbie
    All-About shalak1989
    View shalak1989's Listings
    Forum Posts

With dropshipping I am not using the people like DOBA, and whatever else they are called that have warehouses full of random products. I am talking about contacting actual companies that offer it such as Schoenhut, who makes Schoenhut Toy Pianos for children. I even got to work with Museum Replicas at one point who had a daily updated inventory sheet, they did both drop-shipping and regular wholesale + sold to the public at a retail price.

I use worldwide brands mostly to look for drop-shippers which is a directory that not only holds dropshipper contact info but light bulk wholesale and other types of sellers. I think drop-shipping can work you just have to look at the company you are dealing with and, if you want, even research their background to see what they are about. Any company that advertises their drop-shipping program as a get rich quick scheme should probably be avoided.

However, there are many legitimate companies with legitimate products offering drop-shipping services and if they are also the manufacturer that can really help dampen the issue of backorders.

Dropshipping is not a new concept, I found one company that would let you buy in some manner of bulk and store it at their warehouse and they dropship it out for you.

The problem is not dropshipping the problem is people not doing their research and company thats are preying on peoples hopes, dreams, and desperate situations. Please don't take my previous statement for anti-capitalist I believe in free enterprise I am just saying that part of the issue are illegit/shady companies offering "get rich quick schemes"
    Last edited by shalak1989; 5th July 2010 at 08:47 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View constanta2010's Feedback (+18)
    All-About constanta2010
    View constanta2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Regarding paypal, I recently had them hold my funds for "up to 21 days, or 3 days after proof of delivery, or after positive feedback left". It really peed me off, and I ended up changing all my listings so money was paid into my wife's paypal account instead. 3 days ago (about one month after it started), paypal took away the payment hold scenario and I am back to normal.

I don't know if paypal only do this with ebay customers, but i expect so!!

Thread Information