Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should abandoned stores be deleted?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delete abandoned stores

54 73.97%
  • Leave them but "lock: their listings

19 26.03%
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: They are really hurting us!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    Was up til 5:00 am this morning working on a spreadsheet that took one category on the U.S. site and showed how many sellers had not checked in since 2007 throuh May of 2010. I posted the results but can't find the post! I did email the spreadsheet to admin.
    Quickest way to find anybody's recent posts, including your own, is to click on the user ID to the left of their/your post and select "recent forum posts".

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

Thank you-I did do that. It's just not there. It did have one response so I know it was onsite and active. I posted it in Website Suggestions as a follow up to this thread because I didn't want it to get lost in this thread. I entitled it, "you really aren't going to like this".
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

How did you learn all this stuff. Everyday you teach me something new. You are Great!!! Thanks for taking such good care of us, Granny

Quote Originally Posted by patat22 View Post
    Hi all, have just browsed a few sellers that have no feedback or sales and have been members from 2007 or earlier, this site really needs to slim down country selection to make it easier for buyers. i just pulled a few items and have re listed them over younder, sorry guys love this site & want it to do well but buyers can not specify country so it is too hard to find an item you want to buy. i may pay high fees,yonder but they sell . will hang in ....Cheers all from Australia PATAT22
    Sorry to see you go if you have been a responsible seller. If we can hang on things are looking up. Lots of people working to get things better. The other side has it's drawbacks also. Mostly seller unfriendly!!!!

Forum Newbie
    View orkneybalm's Feedback (+347)
    All-About orkneybalm
    View orkneybalm's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know myself if I went on a site and indeed it has happened to me I won't be returning there. The internet for buying is a great tool but it can also be frustrating. When buying online any sites that do not come up with the goods is discarded, imagine the amount of hits that have been made going to the stores that are dormant and potential buyers have just simply put a new search in for the item they are looking for. So yes very damaging indeed.

Forum Newbie
    View orkneybalm's Feedback (+347)
    All-About orkneybalm
    View orkneybalm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good point, it should be written into the contract that if you do not intend to use the said store if it is empty or not attended to after a reasonable time then it will be archived until such times as it will be used, stocked and active again. Most people nowadays buy online as they do not have the time to go "shopping" and certainly if you come across an empty or derelict store you move on. This is a great site and has great potential, here's hoping it will continue to grow but dead weeds need to be pulled in order for new growth.

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

you would be shocked at how many abandoned looking stores I found in just one category. I'm afraid to repost it as this thread may disappear too.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    you would be shocked at how many abandoned looking stores I found in just one category. I'm afraid to repost it as this thread may disappear too.
    If you sent it to the administration it may be in your sent e-mail file. I checked mine and several of the emails I have sent have been there but not in my active file. I hate that you have done that much work and have it dissapear.

I also hate the idea that if you do not agree with everything that is going on that you can be deleted. That puts things in the realm of the other side.

This is too good a site and has such great potential if we work together to strengthen it.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seems to me that these forums are now getting very negative.Realistically none of the discussions on here are going to make any difference,admin will do what they think best,bad sellers will come and go and all it does it provide people with amunition to avoid ebid.
    I keep mentioning ebid on other forums etc but with few exceptions no one joins in.Its hard enough to get buyers or lookers to come over in the first place,that so few bother to return is a worry.It used to be siad no one had heard of ebid,now many more have but often for the wrong reasons.

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

Thank you dardonboi,

I still have the spread sheets in my documents but, on the forum, I had given a summary of how many stores had not logged in from 2007 to May of 2010 and the number of listings that represented.(it was for one specific large category).

My whole reason for doing it was so that this issue wouldn't just die and go back into the archives until some other new person tried to resurrect it!

I did hear from admin. this morning and they said they are looking into it.

I guess I've done all that I can do and I can only suggest that others keep the issue alive and to the forefront so it doesn't go to the back burner.

Thread Information