eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empty stores not being taken offline.

I've noticed that as well with one of my stores, it show's (0 auctions) yet the message show's If a store is empty for 12hrs it will be changed to offline automatically yet the store is still online, it could be a small bug
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If it has no items in it then it will not show in the list of stores. The convention used to be that the store would also be taken offline if it was found to have no items in it when the periodic count was carried out. When they changed from every 12 hours to every 4 hours then the closing appears to have stopped working. That may be by design. If so a simple statement to that effect would suffice. I would then know I am attempting to bring an issue to their attention that they do not consider an issue.

That's a common issue with reporting bugs and glitches here - zero feedback.
    Yes I remember that. If items in the store had to be relisted, the store that to be opened in order to receive the items or some such thing. Remember flipping back and forth. I suppose they just let that "feature" go. Suppose it does little harm if your XYZ store has no items in it but it open?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Suppose it does little harm if your XYZ store has no items in it but it open?
    No. If it vanishes from the Stores list when empty then it is not a great problem. It would only show up either from the seller's About Me page or if someone specifically went looking for it.

If it is by design that it is no longer taken offline then why not just say so and fix the site so that it doesn't still indicate they should close after 12 hours (or possibly after 4 hours since the update).

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    If it has no items in it then it will not show in the list of stores. The convention used to be that the store would also be taken offline if it was found to have no items in it when the periodic count was carried out. When they changed from every 12 hours to every 4 hours then the closing appears to have stopped working. That may be by design. If so a simple statement to that effect would suffice. I would then know I am attempting to bring an issue to their attention that they do not consider an issue.

That's a common issue with reporting bugs and glitches here - zero feedback.
    I'm Back!

I found 2 stores with no listings this morning in clothing & Accessories. I also have 5 questions in to stores that have only 1 or 2 items. Sent 6 questions and have recieved 1 answer so far. I am working my way up the list.

I do wonder why most of these happen to be stores from the US? Was there a push to open stores here at some point?

View Maxx's Feedback (+11)
    All-About Maxx
    View Maxx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Guys, I have empty stores open and not on the list of stores. It shouldn't be a problem for others, as you've said, they aren't in the store lists and no one will see them unless they go looking for them. I like to keep my store logos on my About me page so people can see what I will sell when the stores open. I believe because of that, I've had many returns to my page. I also have a note on my about me page indicating the stores are closed and when they will open. So it is a benefit to me. Just offering my opinion and experience. I prefer allowing empty stores being open if they are only visiable on your about me page on the auction side.

MAXX DEALS
    Great deals on electronic accessories. We have very competitive prices, ship fast, and offer combined shipping to save you money.

- Group: Increase your Search Engine Ranking. Advertise your Store Effectively (Temporarily Inactive)
    - Click here to Join eBid. It's quick. It's easy. It's Free!
    - All About MAXX

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Yes I remember that. If items in the store had to be relisted, the store that to be opened in order to receive the items or some such thing. Remember flipping back and forth. I suppose they just let that "feature" go. Suppose it does little harm if your XYZ store has no items in it but it open?

Well I think Free listing in any way have own positive side of ''coin'' and negative side too....but I keep listing in here doesn't matter what I am with eBid all the way....and by the way I just try to buy some of items what I like from other Sellers in here just try to keep Sellers in here.......

P.S. Delta how is your life ? I hope you ok.....

Thread Information