Thread: A Link to Ask Seller a Question on the About me Page

Forum Newbie
    View DeMonica's Feedback (+212)
    All-About DeMonica
    View DeMonica's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I saw no mention of emails from the OP. I understood the question as having a link to contact seller (ask seller a question) from their Me Page.
    Yes that is what i meant, a contact seller link that sends an email through the ebid system, in case a buyer had a question to ask, and didn't want to go to one of my listings to ask it. IMO there should be a link to contact the seller on the 'about me' page.
    -
    The email link would be useful for buyers since they could ask questions about policies, or they could ask about an item that they ordered, ask about shipping time, ask about discounts before they order, or anything else related to selling or policies. Just wondering why it wasn't available in the About Me page.

I was writing my about me page and I wanted to tell the buyers that if they had any questions to contact me. I thought, if i was a BUYER, how in the heck would i contact the seller?? I would have to know that emails only go through from listings.

But I guess now i will have to tell them to visit my listings and ask through there, which is just one more step for them to take, vs them just clicking the link on the about me page, instead. Most other auction sites have this same option, it seems standard.

Also, it would be useful to have this option so that all the emails that come through aren't labeled with the title of auctions, they could be specific, according to the question that is being asked. Its more of a convenience than anything else, but it could also be useful for customer service, and sales through ebid, in general.
    Last edited by DeMonica; 5th August 2010 at 02:50 AM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could have done with such a 'private' system yesterday to answer queries from an eBid newbie who obviously hadn't read my listings in full and was asking all sorts of questions which shouldn't really have to be left on public view.

We do need a private PM system for such queries with the option for the seller to make public on the listing e.g. p&p costs queries, or to keep private if needs be.
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 7th September 2010 at 08:10 AM.

I don't see what's the big deal; you are still getting your question ... who cares if it comes from an auction of yours compared to the contact me on your about me page? The only thing I see is why have to go from being on the about me page and wanting to contact the seller and having to check out there auctions to do so.

Oh 1 more thing what if you are on their about me page and they don't have any auctions / stores running ... is there a way to contact that person you wanted to?

I'm still relatively new here.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeMonica View Post
    Yes that is what i meant, a contact seller link that sends an email through the ebid system, in case a buyer had a question to ask, and didn't want to go to one of my listings to ask it. IMO there should be a link to contact the seller on the 'about me' page.
    -
    The email link would be useful for buyers since they could ask questions about policies, or they could ask about an item that they ordered, ask about shipping time, ask about discounts before they order, or anything else related to selling or policies. Just wondering why it wasn't available in the About Me page.

I was writing my about me page and I wanted to tell the buyers that if they had any questions to contact me. I thought, if i was a BUYER, how in the heck would i contact the seller?? I would have to know that emails only go through from listings.

But I guess now i will have to tell them to visit my listings and ask through there, which is just one more step for them to take, vs them just clicking the link on the about me page, instead. Most other auction sites have this same option, it seems standard.

Also, it would be useful to have this option so that all the emails that come through aren't labeled with the title of auctions, they could be specific, according to the question that is being asked. Its more of a convenience than anything else, but it could also be useful for customer service, and sales through ebid, in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    I could have done with such a 'private' system yesterday to answer queries from an eBid newbie who obviously hadn't read my listings in full and was asking all sorts of questions which shouldn't really have to be left on public view.

We do need a private PM system for such queries with the option for the seller to make public on the listing e.g. p&p costs queries, or to keep private if needs be.
    There's nothing to stop you from putting a link to your pm 'address' on your about me or your auction listings.I've had one for quite a while now.Nobody's used it yet though!

I would love a decent contact system. I was hoping one was going to be put on when the site was last revamped but it didn't happen. In the past I've had all sorts of questions asked on my listings that are not related to the item, including newbies asking what it is like to sell on eBid.

Blue, did you have to go and do that ? I'm now pining for our old smilies again !

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    ...Blue, did you have to go and do that ? I'm now pining for our old smilies again !
    Just open up another tab with this link & copy/paste as you desire!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Just open up another tab with this link & copy/paste as you desire!
    Thank you Blue. Maybe eBid could copy and paste them into the right hand side of the quote box too - hint, hint !

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We've added some info on the All About page to help users understand how to contact the seller a little better.

Live with next update.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Live with next update.

Gazza
    There was me thinking "we always do..." then realised the first word rhymed with "hive" not "give". ;o)

Thread Information