eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nationwide Recall of Shell Eggs in USA...

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I was a kid, my mum allways got our eggs from farmer Giles,
    because he kept baby Lions as well as chickens.
    And with a little Lion on the egg you knew they were safe.

Quote Originally Posted by realnowhereman View Post
    I can really rant on this one but enough say because Corporate Amerika and their politicians are romantic bedfellows. We have the best government money can buy which is indicative of lack of controls in the food industry!
    That does not paint a pretty picture in my mind!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    That does not paint a pretty picture in my mind!!!!
    It is not mean to be a pretty picture but consider this recent article I read it certainly puts forth and interesting view!

“The U.S. government, once crafted as a system that would serve the interests of the people, has devolved into a system of plutocracy where corporations control both the government and the people. Virtually every government regulatory department, for example, is now run by the corporations it is supposed to be regulating. Just look at the FDA, USDA, FTC, FCC, NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) and most other government regulatory bodies and you'll find a room full of politicians and bureaucrats who utterly disregard the People while prioritizing the financial needs of influential corporations.”

When I moved to San Diego, I discovered a wonderful local food chain. They don't claim their food is "organic". What they do mention, on the packaging, is that their eggs and meat are raised cage-free with no antibiotics or crowded feedlots. The surprising thing is that their prices are quite competitive with the junk in the supermarkets.

I had switched to Kosher meat before I moved here because I couldn't stand the thought of the way the animal had been raised and butchered otherwise. Quite a few years with no pork. I ignore recalls --- they're always for food from a large factory farm or a mechanized slaughterhouse.

For those of you who are interested, the Humane Society was instrumental in getting a law passed in California that will put a complete stop to factory-farming in the state. This is one of my three favorite charities --- they have done more for animals than any organization in the country.

Read it and weep! Of course the USDA, The Food and Drug Administration and Corporate Amerika are not talking to each other. Sort of like the peanut butter thing about six months ago! SNAFU AND FUBAR!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100910/...us_eggs_recall
    Last edited by realnowhereman; 10th September 2010 at 12:11 PM.

Thread Information