Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyers not responding to emails after they win the item

Angry Buyers not responding to emails after they win the item

I have had more than my fair share of new and establised buyers not responding to emails after the auction ends. Some NEVER respond and turn out to be NPB. It is extremely distressing for me as my husband is seriously ill and I cannot sit around all day waiting for people to get back to me.

I am working with my faulty laptop linked to a small tv screen and having to work in safe mode. It is too costly to have my laptop repaired and I have been told it will only be a matter of time before it packs in altogether. I have explained this to my latest buyer to Please get in touch, but to no avail. Has anyone any answers? I do as Ebid say, send three reminders and then re-list the item/items. But it does not prevent it happening again and again!

If in my situation at the moment, I can get in touch with my buyers, why are they not then returning my request to get in touch with me? There are some extremely selfish and annoying people still bidding on items and then not going ahead and paying for the item. What has happened to only allowing established buyers from bidding? I always set it for people with 5 or more feedback as I have had 30/40 people not complete the sale, and with many many, never getting in touch.
    Any suggestions Please?

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you contacted them thru your AAL? Why precisely do you need to contact them? Simply sending them an invoice should suffice in most cases.

Sorry to hear about your computer problems, but if you're going to engage in online selling you really need to have reliable computer capabilities. Unfortunately, it takes a bit of an investment to operate a business.

Forum Newbie
    Horam Heathfield, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    View Nelson35's Feedback (+29)
    All-About Nelson35
    View Nelson35's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is not only established buyers not responding to emails after the auction ends ! It seems to a "new kid on the block" like me (joined eBid last week ) that some established sellers are not responding to emails or Invoice Requests, etc., I bid successfully for an item that ended last Saturday. I quickly sent an email to the sellers telling them I had looked at their list of other offers, but on this occasion would not be bidding on any other items and that they should now issue an invoice. No reply, so on Sunday I formally requested the invoice via AAL. No reply, so on Monday I paid for the item using PayPal. Still no reply.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is quite possible that the seller is no longer using the site. So paying without hearing anything is not good. (that goes for other sites as well)

Forum Newbie
    Horam Heathfield, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    View Nelson35's Feedback (+29)
    All-About Nelson35
    View Nelson35's Listings
    Forum Posts

So Meebo, thanks for your comments, and it is possible that the seller is not using the site (even though countless items on sale).
    Perhaps eBid needs to review whether items should be listed ("...until sold..."). As a Newby here not sure if that means anybody can list items until eternity ?

Does anybody know if fancydress01 (the seller) is ok/here/away, etc., as I am still not getting replies to emails, messages, phone calls.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson35 View Post
    So Meebo, thanks for your comments, and it is possible that the seller is not using the site (even though countless items on sale).
    Perhaps eBid needs to review whether items should be listed ("...until sold..."). As a Newby here not sure if that means anybody can list items until eternity ?

Does anybody know if fancydress01 (the seller) is ok/here/away, etc., as I am still not getting replies to emails, messages, phone calls.....

Have posted a reply on the first thread you asked this question
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson35 View Post

I check my emails religiously. I too have sent numerous invoices & payment reminders to buyer through AAL and still no responses nor payment.

Click on the link below to join eBid.net as it's FREE and who pays perks for you to shop!!

eBid Buddies

Visit my eBid store for more auctions!

2 Find the Best Deals Online

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been quite lucky so far (knock wood) all paying buyers and quick ones at that!

Now I've done it, jinxed myself, aaaaahhhhhhh!

Best wishes for many sales,

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=suesjools;1262052]I've been quite lucky so far (knock wood) all paying buyers and quick ones at that!

I have also been very fortunate with my buyers the majority of which have been newbies. All have paid without reminding - well, all except one who paid before having a line through his name.

Forum Newbie
    All-About ChristysCloset36
    View ChristysCloset36's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning all! I too am having non payer issues. I have sold 3 items (all through BIN)and I was so excited then no pay. The first has bought a few items on here and has great FB but did not bother to read the listing. Sent me a message "informing" not "explaining and asking" that they needed to cancel the order....did not notice that I do not take PP even though payment options were listed twice. Second one joined on Saturday made a purchase and nothing....nada...no communication. I did send each another message yesterday and I notice that under the item number it says "closed" in red. What does that mean? I did not notice it there until the next day.

Do some of the buyers here think that they do not have a responsibility to pay for the items when they hit that BIN option or place a bid and win? Do they think that because this site is more relaxed that it gives them an out and that they can just cancel orders???

GRRRRR, Sorry just really, really frustrated.

Thread Information