Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBid buyers are the best

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid buyers are the best

Yes, this forum is for praise of eBid. No, I haven't posted this to the wrong forum.

I had a call the yesterday from a buyer who asked if she could return a pendant that she had bought and swap it for another one. She liked the one that she'd bought but I'd just listed one that she liked more. Even before the introduction of the DSRs I had a no quibble return policy so I told her that was fine. The pendant she wanted to swap for was a lot cheaper so I told her that I'd refund the difference to her PayPal account.

I was out this evening and I've just checked my phone messages. My buyer had called to check if I'd received the pendant back (I haven't yet, probably tomorrow) and to say, "don't bother giving me a refund - buy yourself a bottle of wine on me"

Another well known auction site has eroded the trust between buyer and seller so much that the two now view each other with suspicion and communicate through threats of withheld refunds, dinged ratings and negative feedback.

So, a very BIG thank-you to eBid for providing a relaxed environment where buyers and sellers don't view each other as natural enemies.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

that's lovely. as with most other things' it's the bad news that make the headlines. So this is good to hear

That's good to hear.
    Also, it seems to be easier to develop reliable regular customers - very encouraging!

Andy

Forum Newbie
    New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
    View fashion911's Feedback (+3)
    All-About fashion911
    View fashion911's Listings
    Forum Posts

That was so nice of the buyer..

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thats great..... I do believe its all down to how we communicate essentially! Its reassuring there are still nice people in the world!

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

How nice for you to find someone so like minded.
    I find there is a definate difference between buyers on both sides. Trying to explain to a recent buyer elsewhere, that they would get free postage if they paid in one transaction compared to just a discount if they paid for each item individually was very painful. She just couldn't grasp that a refund from me, then her new payment for all items wouldn't cost her anything and was within rules. Like you say folks have become so suspicious of each other now it is a huge shame. Having said that, there are people that contact me from elsewhere about making a bespoke item who are more than happy to visit eBid and join especially to buy my products, so they must feel comfortable with the site as a whole and with my communications.
    I really feel that the way a person is spoken to in the forums carries weight. When visitors read what is written it makes a mark even if they are not the ones it is directed at. It is easy to get a feeling of how they would be replied to if they made any comment so keep up the good work all. I know I for one am very proud to be associated with this site.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Thread Information