Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pay pal

Smile pay pal

i have a basic personal pay pal account, now after setting up a google checkout i realised my account with pay pal may not be suitable for accepting payments from sales with invoicing etc.. iv been on pay pal sight but its confused me with science and buttons lol, does anyone know what i need to do to enable things to procede with pay pal and taking payment for sales

Thank you in advance and thanks very much Jan at Jeweleffects, without your excellent guide on how to create a google checkout id have been stumped

View dave1066's Feedback (+880)
    All-About dave1066
    View dave1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personal account works great with ebid, All you have to do is put in your paypal email address in My Personal Details section on ebid and enable the option in your listings.
    If you are a Business you should use a business account so you don't brake any paypal terms.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by dave1066; 1st December 2010 at 08:53 PM.

Lots of stuff for Sale

• Computer parts
    • Books
    • DVDs
    • Lots more

Please have a browse

------------------------------------------------------

Dave Thank you, it helps a great deal

Oh dear I must be dim, iv been on to upgrade to a business account on pay pal and it keeps saying i need to have all these buttons for my web site as this isnt a website, i really dont know how to go forward with setting up a business account with them, my personal account seems as if it would be ok but i am buying in to sell on so really do need the business account, they dont make it easy LOL I think they have techinical support teams for people like me, i alone will keep many a technician in business with my questions LOL

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use a personal/basic account for all Paypal transactions, buyer and seller, and have for some years now without a problem, (knock wood), so I'm not sure you need a Paypal business account to buy and sell online as an individual, (registered businesses may have different rules).

BTW: You're not alone re: technology. I am frequently amazed at the technological proficiency of some of the members on this site, (and then I have trouble sending e mails again)...

Best wishes for many sales,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    I use a personal/basic account for all Paypal transactions, buyer and seller, and have for some years now without a problem, (knock wood), so I'm not sure you need a Paypal business account to buy and sell online as an individual, (registered businesses may have different rules).

BTW: You're not alone re: technology. I am frequently amazed at the technological proficiency of some of the members on this site, (and then I have trouble sending e mails again)...

Best wishes for many sales,
    Thankyou for this info, i will keep my personal account it seems to have the facilities i need and i understand where your at with technology lol

Thanks again

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you need a merchant account like I have.

Take a look here:
    https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-b...chant_accounts

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I think you need a merchant account like I have.

Take a look here:
    https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-b...chant_accounts
    Ummm eerrrr..... I was a bit hasty there. Since when did Merchant accounts have a monthly fee??? I don't pay anything except transaction fees.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

You're very welcome.

I don't pay any Paypal account fees except for transaction fees and I honestly don't mind paying those, as past difficulties with other payment methods cost me far more in time and frustration than Paypal ever could.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Ummm eerrrr..... I was a bit hasty there. Since when did Merchant accounts have a monthly fee??? I don't pay anything except transaction fees.
    LOL They are takeing on the ebay ways and makeing money out of charges, thanks for taking the time to post the link though, much appreciated

Thread Information