Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: International postage - new category

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    My own view is that it is not good for sales to list postage as unknown or check with seller, because the buyer will simply move on to an item which is known.
    I agree, but the reality is that many do want to use it and it's in everybody's interests to make the site work as efficiently and pleasantly as possible, so making it easier for the buyers to understand is a good idea.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31553)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't understand what you are saying here, that "unknown or check with seller" is efficient and pleasant because it is easy for sellers?
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    I don't understand what you are saying here, that "unknown or check with seller" is efficient and pleasant because it is easy for sellers?
    No, you don't, do you? I'm saying that sellers are always going to want or need an "unknown" option, so making buying such listings should be made as easy and pleasant for buyers as possible; changing the wording so that they don't get confused and pay incorrectly would be a step towards that. It's not all about *seller* convenience, but we do have to recognise that if the site doesn't provide basic options available to sellers on all other sites then some of them will vote with their feet.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31553)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sure, I agree with having the choice, and with clarity.

My point is that there might be up to 10% more sales if you can list costs to all destinations. Not everyone will have the time, or easy items, to do that.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    You've completely missed my point. I was saying that *because* people like you put the information in the body, Rainy's suggestion of "use Q&A" didn't work.
    Kim
    Sorry to have misunderstood .
    Bill
    I find the forums really useful and I have paid regular visits since opening my shop a year ago.
    It is great that successful traders like yourself are prepared to offer advice on the things that work for them but the clear message that comes through from posting in the forum is that everyone has to find out what suits them to develop the right balance for their site.
    As a result of advice from bykimbo and other stalwarts of the board I have made quite a few changes to my site in the last year and I am now achieving regular sales although with a group of websites to maintain, genealogical enquiries and of course my paid work I just don't have the time to look up prices for Europe and the rest of the world for all of my auctions although of course I do want to increase my potential customers by listing to foreign lands!
    I have a lot of several thousand postcards to list in the next 6 months and I will take your advice for them as the postage will be the same for all items.
    What we never want to do is alienate our customers by a misunderstanding about potential postage fees.
    If Gazza will make the suggested change it would prevent misunderstandings and thus enhance eBids growing reputation as THE honest auction site.
    Then if I or any other traders choose to use the system and thereby loose some potential sales it will be our problem and it would not affect your system of listing international P&P for most of your items.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can always add an extra image next to your listing image, something like this:

If you like it, download it and use it.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    You can always add an extra image next to your listing image, something like this:

If you like it, download it and use it.
    *grin* They're not going to miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

Please can we also have something like that for the "holiday notice" or "remarques de vendeur" (whatever it is called) PLEASE!!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    *grin* They're not going to miss that.
    Exactly

OMG Jan that made me jump LOL LOL Thats a v good idea if you cant find out the price before you list

i have my laminated postal charges sheet from Bill and its such a helpful tool, i just have to get in a routine to weigh the items before listing, as i like seeing postal charges at the time when im thinking on buying an item but see that it would be good to have options for if this was ever a problem

Thread Information