Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent fix required

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I'm running Firefox on Vista and have just tried in IE with the same lack of success. What are you using, Kimbo?
    Vista/Chrome. Hang on, let me try Vista/Firefox...

... no, same three buttons including "close" for me. However, just to add a little excitement... my description vanishes without trace. What larks! Jing here: http://www.ebidwidgets.com/workspace...escription.swf also shows the buttons at the bottom that appear okay here. Ignore the grey bit, as has been pointed out, it's a live auction. Doh!
    Last edited by bykimbo; 2nd December 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

The description disappearing is usual and, imho, quite right - I don't think you should be able to change the description after an item has been bought. The only things you can do are change the title (I don't think you should be able to do that, either) and/or add to the description. It does look like you can change the number of reposts but the edit doesn't 'take'.

Another thing I find annoying is you can't make any change without adding to the description. When I tried to change the reposts to zero I got a pop-up saying, "Minimum auction description length is 5 characters." so had to add comments because, as you say, the description field is blank.

I don't think anyone has fed the hamster today so I'm not Jinging.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The description disappearing is usual and, imho, quite right - I don't think you should be able to change the description after an item has been bought. The only things you can do are change the title (I don't think you should be able to do that, either) and/or add to the description. It does look like you can change the number of reposts but the edit doesn't 'take'.

Oh, of course! Silly me, sorry forgot the whole thing started with a live, sold some type auction!

Another thing I find annoying is you can't make any change without adding to the description. When I tried to change the reposts to zero I got a pop-up saying, "Minimum auction description length is 5 characters." so had to add comments because, as you say, the description field is blank.

I wonder if you could trick it by putting in html with no displayed text? <p>&nbsp;</p> for example?

I don't think anyone has fed the hamster today so I'm not Jinging.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

I open the listing from my sold folder (link to item in first post)

click on Edit/Close Auction

Scroll down and the buttons to close or delete have vanished.

It used to look like this

If a bid or sale has been made you wouldnt be able to delete it, just close it. We will examine the example you have shown us.

Thx.
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About cmjewels925
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If a bid or sale has been made you wouldnt be able to delete it, just close it. We will examine the example you have shown us.

Thx.
    Gazza
    Thank-you

All-About cmjewels925
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I wonder if you could trick it by putting in html with no displayed text? <p>&nbsp;</p> for example?
    Yes, you can trick it. >>> toddles off to the stupid thread for not thinking of that

Please put back the ability to close multiple item listings when one or more items have sold.

There are many reasons for needing this facility. For myself, once I've picked an item I delete it (or repost and delete) from my sold list so I know it's ready to go. For multiple item listings I used to close them as soon as they hit the sold list so I could repost&delete once I had picked them.

I woke up this morning to 48 items in my sold list (woohoo) 31 of them are multiple item listings and 2 of those have already been sent. I thought that I could at least get them to close sooner by editing the reposts to zero but although I could change the reposts on the edit page and got no notice that the change wasn't possible, auction 33055933 reposted last night and still has another 5 reposts before I can close it.

More multiple item listings will be closing in the next few days and this situation will just get worse. Since the ability to close these items has been removed, all I can do is use 'list similar' to repost the items and change the titles of those that have sold so I know I have dealt with them. THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD!

Other reasons for needing to close multiple item listings where items have been sold include

1/ I sell on other sites and need to change the quantity

2/ I've been banned by eBid but if I've sold an item from a multiple listing that listing remains live until all reposts have been used.

3/ I have a very popular item that people buy in bulk and initially listed 99 of them. Some-one bought 93 and I need to add more stock to the listing. I could try to circumvent the duplicate listing policy by creating another listing with a slightly different title but I don't want my account placed on hold even though my listing for the remaining 7 will remain live (see above).

4/ There has been a change in policy and I need to edit my listings to comply e.g. I sell toner cartridges and need to remove international shipping options because they can no longer be sent airmail.

5/ I've made a mistake with the price or cost of shipping and will honour the sale made but need to edit for future sales.

I'm sure there are many other reasons for needing to close a multiple item listing.
    I cant do it from sold list but if i go to auctions im running and find it there i can close it as i have just done with one listing with 1 sold and 4 more available.

Thread Information