Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Buyer pays via PayPal B4 Ebid Invoice sent- Payment never includes shipping

Default Buyer pays via PayPal B4 Ebid Invoice sent- Payment never includes shipping

Everytime I have a sale on my listing, the buyer pays by PayPal before I am able to send an Ebid invoice and this DOES NOT include any shipping. When I send the Ebid invoice after the sale (and after it has been paid by PayPal less the shipping) even if I wanted to, there is no way to adjust or delete the shipping to reflect a proper invoice amount. I have either been letting it slide or sending an invoice which causes them to make an additional PayPal payment which amounts to only .95 Anyone know a solution to this problem? I have read other posts and want to point out that I only offer 1 domestic shipping option- First Class and 1- international shipping option of First Class International.

Thank You!

refund the original payment then send an invoice either through eBid or paypal for the full amount stating why you have refunded

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31695)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that when I receive quick payment, it includes the postage.
    Maybe there is a way to include it.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by auctionwaiter View Post
    Everytime I have a sale on my listing, the buyer pays by PayPal before I am able to send an Ebid invoice and this DOES NOT include any shipping. When I send the Ebid invoice after the sale (and after it has been paid by PayPal less the shipping) even if I wanted to, there is no way to adjust or delete the shipping to reflect a proper invoice amount. I have either been letting it slide or sending an invoice which causes them to make an additional PayPal payment which amounts to only .95 Anyone know a solution to this problem? I have read other posts and want to point out that I only offer 1 domestic shipping option- First Class and 1- international shipping option of First Class International.

Thank You!
    Hi!
    I sell from the US and I use the shipping calculator. I always have my shipping a little high and then refund if the charges come out too much. I have found here that things usually get paid for very quickly and this way I avoid having to do the job twice. Hope this helps. Granny

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had a quick look at one of your auctions using a real Zip Code

Have you actually added a value for the shipping cost to the listing

Have a look at the examples of one of my sales shown below yours. One is for UK Postage and one is using the same real USA Zip Code.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by MPS16; 30th December 2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Had a quick look at one of your auctions using a real Zip Code

Have you actually added a value for the shipping cost to the listing

Have a look at the examples of one of my sales shown below yours. One is for UK Postage and one is using the same real USA Zip Code.[/QUOT

Yes, you are right. I also had a look and it said shipping to United States not available after putting a real zip code in showing that if I Buy Now it would only cost the price for the item with no shipping.

Forum Lurker
    Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    View happyhammers2010's Feedback (+76)
    All-About happyhammers2010
    View happyhammers2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some advice please I know everyone on here is very helpful. I have had a buyer purchase 3 items from me yesterday and i sent them a combined invoice and reduced the postage cost. However for some reason the buyer was able to pay for all 3 items with individual payments via google checkout, however none of these included any posatge. As the buyer is a new buyer and new to ebid I assumed it was an oversight and emailed her to say that she had not paid postage I have not had an email from her in response and today sent another I have asked the buyer to pay the postage seperately via googlecheckout but not sure if she will be able to do this or whether I should just cancel the whole sale and reinvoice
    Can anyone advise if she would be able to do this or whether it would confuse matters reagrding the sale its not happened before so I dont really understand what to do. can anyone advise how a buyer is able to pay without postage as I assumed that this wasnt possible however reading this post it would appear that buyers are able to pay less postage via pay pal as well. Im a little concerned does this mean that the buyer is able to deduct postage if they pay before you have sent an invoice

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I cant say why the postage was not added to your invoice but if this was the situation I was in I would refund the entire amount paid and send a new invoice for your customer to pay adjusting it if there were to be a postal reduction. I would inform the customer all the way explaining why I was taking this course of action and ask them to make the payment through the new invoice. It costs you for each and every transaction through paypal and google checkout so you will have lost on that and also your postage, I doubt any of us can afford to do that on every sale.
    Do make sure you explain to your buyer that what you are doing in no way will affect them (presuming that they accept postage was not free) and that you are no trying to back out of the sale.
    Good luck

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Return any PayPal payment that is incorrect and re-invoice the correct amount. If the buyer does not want to cooperate, well, unfortunately, it's a lost sale for you, but less aggravating. Just getting the buyer's attention is hard enough. So many of them pay right away and then run outside and sit beside the mailbox, waiting for the postman to arrive. If only they were as diligent in checking their e-mails.

Thread Information