My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: well we done our bit

well the fair is over..... we made quite a bit of money..... (Un)fortunately we bought a lot as well..... think we might have come out on top tho (just)

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

well done!! Even if you bought stuff, you will now have new things to look at, so that, and making money, is a good thing!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes guess what I still ended up making the tea having taken flasks, must admit didnt make sandwiches thou, as the fairs orginisers daughter does rolls & cakes & of course bacon butties as well.
    Yes we did enjoy talking to dealers who havent seen for several years, & some still say they only no of E site, so have certainly pushed this sight at them & they ofton do collectables so hope they will come & have look.

The daft thing is we live about 20 mins away from the fair.... so for 20 mins we are talking about how we dont need to buy any stock "today" as we had bought very well already, and what ever we take "today" will be "profit".... we park up and walk into the hall... and spot a new dealer setting up just for the day so "let's have a quick look"..... 10 mins later we are £36 pounds down...... 2 hours later Pam goes for a walk round to stretch her legs... 5 mins later we are another £45 pounds down..... she's not safe to be let out by herself :-) ..... if it wasn't for the fact I need someone to make my cups of tea I would leave her at home :-)))

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

you could try going without money, but that probably wouldn't be handicap either

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    you could try going without money, but that probably wouldn't be handicap either
    probably not..... we would either spend what we make, do contra deals with other dealers or (because Pam has been on the game for so long.... er I mean a postcard dealer for so long, and has a good reputaion within the trade ) get it "on tick" and pay them later.....

we have just finished emptying all the paper bags and boxes etc of the postcards we have bought...... haven't counted the number of cards but...... we have one and a half banana boxes full :-O

guess what I will be doing for the next "few" months....... and no it won't be finishing tileing the kitchen

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

(because Pam has been on the game for so long.... er I mean a postcard dealer for so long, and has a good reputaion within the trade )

I am so glad you corrected that statement. It could have given a wrong impression

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I am so glad you corrected that statement. It could have given a wrong impression
    maybe

Thread Information