Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Clarification on Buying

Default Clarification on Buying

Gazza
    I sell on eBay as well as eBid, and take advantage of all the sales on Ebay by advising to my customers that I have another site dingledell2books eBid Auctions .
    Lately I have had three customers come back to me via email stating that there could be a couple of books they like but dont want to sign up as an Ebid member as they do not sell and only buy.
    Can the public buy from an eBid site without signing in to be a member ?
    If so could this be the reason why sales are slow to non excistent.
    If they do not have to sign in to be a member could this be made clearer.
    IF this is the case that you have to sign in as a member before you can make a purchse, would it be good idea to scrap it.
    Colin dingledell2books

Default Re: Clarification on Buying

Quote Originally Posted by dingledell2books View Post
    Gazza
    I sell on eBay as well as eBid, and take advantage of all the sales on Ebay by advising to my customers that I have another site dingledell2books eBid Auctions .
    Lately I have had three customers come back to me via email stating that there could be a couple of books they like but dont want to sign up as an Ebid member as they do not sell and only buy.
    Can the public buy from an eBid site without signing in to be a member ?
    If so could this be the reason why sales are slow to non excistent.
    If they do not have to sign in to be a member could this be made clearer.
    IF this is the case that you have to sign in as a member before you can make a purchse, would it be good idea to scrap it.
    Colin dingledell2books
    I buy a lot of things online, from auction sites, large company sites, and some small private websites. I don't recall ever being able to buy something without signing up as a "member" or "customer". I have a huge box full of website names with my usernames and passwords.

I wonder why they object to becoming a member. It doesn't cost anything, and based on my experience, it's standard procedure.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't envisage how a site such as eBid could operate without users having to register to bid or buy.

Sounds like what you need is your own e-commerce enabled site. Though your buyers sound like they may not be happy giving you their names and addresses so you can ship their purchases to them.
    Last edited by astral276; 23rd March 2011 at 05:44 PM.

Our online store requires sign-up also. Sounds like they want you to offer so all they have to do is click buy it now. People don't like change. I would let them know that "I would be happy to offer it to you on e-*** However due to their fee structure the cost will be higher that what I offer on ebid"

Thread Information