eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all forum regulars. I never thought i'd ask this but ...

Lightbulb Calling all forum regulars. I never thought i'd ask this but ...

I never thought i'd ask this but ...

What am i doing wrong? .... please

I've been here over 2 months and i've not even had whisper of a sale.
    I plug my auctions
    I visit and comment in forums.
    I have all the pics and info that has been suggested but nothing
    So i must have missed ...... something .... maybe

Help i getting so frustrated ( pic of tearing out hair hehe)

Crystal

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Calling all forum regulars. I never thought i'd ask this but ...

I expect that the main problem is postage and that you'll have little control over. But at the same time ebid is growing in other parts of the world and I have noticed quite a few new ones from Aus and NZ.
    But I am sure someone else will have something to add

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltuner View Post
    I never thought i'd ask this but ...

What am i doing wrong? .... please

I've been here over 2 months and i've not even had whisper of a sale.
    I plug my auctions
    I visit and comment in forums.
    I have all the pics and info that has been suggested but nothing
    So i must have missed ...... something .... maybe

Help i getting so frustrated ( pic of tearing out hair hehe)

Crystal
    I wouldn't mention it if you hadn't asked, but since you did... I've just looked at your returns policy on your about me page, and I wouldn't buy from any seller who had that, sorry. It's negative, aggressive and off-putting. Of course you need to protect yourself, but it seems OTT to me. Now I'm sure selling or not selling is more complicated than just one thing, but you might want to think about softening the wording a bit.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a quick look a one of your auctions and being told that I, as a potential buyer, am responsible for loss or damage of goods in transit would make me look for another seller.

Also telling me that I would get bad feedback if I didn't answer your emails would stop me from even thinking of buying off you.

IMO You give buyers more reasons not to buy than to buy from you
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View ukcoins's Feedback (+6)
    All-About ukcoins
    View ukcoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with meebo1, your adds look great nice picture plenty of info just the postage by the looks of it, its very hard for a buyer to accept paying you between $1& $4 for the item and then having to pay almost $8 for postage on top, not your fault i know none of us have any control of what the postal service charge to send items, it might also be because its toys i would think the best time of year for your sales would be before christmas and the worst time the first few months after christmas, good luck with your sales

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I may add:

COMBINING AUCTIONS
    I pack my items at the end of auctions in order to let you know postage as soon as possible. So, if you wish to combine items, let me know within 12 hours of the first auction's end. Once packed, I will do the auctions separately (NO exceptions).

Makes no sense to me

I have never packed any of my items at auctions end, just laid them to the side, sometimes for a week, until buyer was ready for a combined invoice THEN I pack them altogether to figure out shipping costs.

x

hi Thanks for the replies.
    i thought that the shipping might be a problem, unfortunately as said above i have no control over the PO.
    I'll re look at the wording of things as suggested - thanks for that thought.
    Anyone else .... please??

Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I had a quick look a one of your auctions and being told that I, as a potential buyer, am responsible for loss or damage of goods in transit would make me look for another seller.

Also telling me that I would get bad feedback if I didn't answer your emails would stop me from even thinking of buying off you.

IMO You give buyers more reasons not to buy than to buy from you
    Hi
    You maybe took things out of context
    It says: " Don't assume I know you have a problem. TELL me because failure to contact / reply to emails or pay within lthe imits set, will result in bad feedback and the item being re sold."
    this is only for the buyers that you never hear from again once they have bought the item. - i thought there are consequences for actions and these people should know about them.
    It says:" I'm unable to take responsibility for loss or damage in transit. (insurance is available as an optional extra) This means.....if the item is lost/damaged and you have not taken the registered post / insurance option, then you have also accepted the risk." Again i thought of letting people know that insurance is available if they want it and what it means to them.

Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I wouldn't mention it if you hadn't asked, but since you did... I've just looked at your returns policy on your about me page, and I wouldn't buy from any seller who had that, sorry. It's negative, aggressive and off-putting. Of course you need to protect yourself, but it seems OTT to me. Now I'm sure selling or not selling is more complicated than just one thing, but you might want to think about softening the wording a bit.
    Hi
    Thanks for that. I've changed it to:
    REFUND POLICY

* Please do NOT return an item unless requested to do so.
    * If you are missing mail items, then let me know and I'll assist you in locating the item. I will lodge a claim if necessary.
    * For damaged items, the buyer is requested to provide a photo of the damage .
    * Please note that there is NO refund for buyers remorse ( change of mind ).
    Is this better or what else needs changing?
    Crystal

C

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltuner View Post
    It says:" I'm unable to take responsibility for loss or damage in transit. (insurance is available as an optional extra) This means.....if the item is lost/damaged and you have not taken the registered post / insurance option, then you have also accepted the risk." Again i thought of letting people know that insurance is available if they want it and what it means to them.

Crystal
    Under UK law and PayPal rules its the sellers responsibility to ensure the buyer receives the goods and the seller is the one that takes the risk if they send the items untracked. Nothing to do with whether the buyer pays insurance or not.
    Last edited by TonyBridger; 30th March 2011 at 10:10 PM.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Thread Information