eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Good Old Royal Mail

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Good Old Royal Mail

Sent 2 parcels on 2 April, one to Hornsea UK (recorded delivery) and the other to Madrid (normal post). The Madrid parcel arrived today, but I am still waiting for the UK one to be delivered.

Royal Mail website says
    Track & Trace
    Results Item AH************GB was posted at Havant Road ######## on 02/04/11 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

How do they manage to do it?
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

View Kodoku's Feedback (+25)
    All-About Kodoku
    View Kodoku's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Good Old Royal Mail

Ugh... you just reminded me that I need to fill out a claims form for a missing package I posted early last month, to the impoverished village of London. Way to earn your price hike guys

Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View Darthmatt's Feedback (+45)
    All-About Darthmatt
    View Darthmatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fossy View Post
    Royal Mail website says
    Track & Trace
    Results Item AH************GB was posted at Havant Road ######## on 02/04/11 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

They've done that to me several times. I've had 2-3 this year that say that on track and trace but on each occasion the recipient has already confirmed receipt. Also had 2 with that type of message which never showed up. Only answer i've had is that "its a glitch which sometimes happens on the post office terminals when parcels are booked in, but please try not to worry though as it doesn't happen often" ... i didnt think that was the most logical thing to say to someone reporting their second errant one in as many months. Nor did i think if it was a known problem that sometimes happens, it was unimportant enough to not have been fixed yet.

I checked online and found several other people have had this over the last few years.

Other ones that wind me up are where it shows its stuck at the other sorting office ready to be delivered, although that usually comes about when the postie doesnt bother getting a signature so it never gets closed down properly.
    Just realised i needed to mod my old signature. No set categories yet, but i'll work on that now i am back and update as able
    --------
    Link to my old account for reference.
    Togsforall [/center]

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

thats interesting because I have had things that dont show on track and trace as well.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sent 2 parcels on 2 April, one to Hornsea UK (recorded delivery) and the other to Madrid (normal post). The Madrid parcel arrived today, but I am still waiting for the UK one to be delivered.

Royal Mail website says
    Track & Trace

My one & only (fingers crossed!) lost item says the same as yours Fossy - it was posted 9.3.11. I am about to fill out the claims form.

Now Fossy...
    As you know my Husband is a Postie and I know a little of the troubles facing yer average posties on their rounds. However he does often point out to irate customers on his rounds that the Post Office Counter and Parcel Force are both separate companies. Both have different Rules, Regs and conditions totally different to Royal mail. Hence great confusions ensue.
    Also Posties no longer have to take an oath as My Husband did after his training period, many years ago when Posties were proud to be Posties, to guard and deliver the ROYAL Mail. Some casual people from the agencies now cannot even read English properly!!! Many are of dubious character!
    Parcels are getting Lost/ late delivery because Rpyal Mail is supposedly Modernising systems in readiness for privatisation.

When Royal mail is sold off, the new company will not be able (Or will be unwilling ) to deliver to places like the Scottish Isles, rural areas of main island Britain and Northern ireland. Far too expensive.

At the moment Royal mail makes some money from private postal companies like TNT who have not the infrastructure to sort and deliver mail so they pay Royal mail to sort and deliver it.

We await privatisation of Royal Mail with trepidation.
    You think it's bad now... just wait!!!
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes well you've hit the nail on the head there with why things are diffferent today to years ago, when Royal Mail staff DID care and standards were far higher, it is a sorry reflection all round with poor, dire services all too often aswell as gross corruption and theft. There was a programme on recently about how Royal Mail makes vast profits on all the 'lost mail' it gets auctioned off (police do the same) staff also saying they are allowed to keep the odd items, its just unbelievable.
    I paid to have an item sent to me signed for, for 1 0 clock next day delivery, it was sent when I wasnt in and then I was told I could not reclaim it for 48 hours and the process was complicated. If it was re-delivered to my house there was no longer the safeguard of before it was to go normal post. I asked to have it sent back to my local post office for which I then had the privelege of paying an extra £1.50 standard fee to retrieve my mail. So it cost me almost £10 in the end and was late!!! This following on from a week earlier of receiving an empty bubble envelope with the whole of the top ripped open and an empty packet inside where there had once been my goods! The postman mustve clearly seen it was empty too, aswell as the staff at sorting office but then I dont know at which stage it was opened. Its a joke now, Royal Mail, an absolute peas take!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Funny, but the only "lost" parcel I've run into in the past few months was one I bought from a U.S. seller on Amazon, lost by USPS. International mail seems to get here just fine. Weird...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Royal Mail website says
    Track & Trace

I have found on a few royal mail recorded delivery parcels latley.....The customers have e.maild stating they have not got their parcel yet wom=ndering where
    it is.....When checking Royal mail Track and Trace.....They say they have tries to del on certain dates...that cutomer was out & left a card????????
    But both times customers say they have not had any post cards...?????? So how can they know to sort out re-deliveries.
    So royal mail are failing in this area???they are rubbish.
    Cause me a lot of problems with recorded items.

Thread Information