My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Wanted desperately - but a long shot

Default Wanted desperately - but a long shot

In the late 90's there was a piece of software called Micrografx Windows Draw 6.

I still use it all the time.

Picked up a virus yesterday which ko'd half my hard drive software, and went to re-install micrografx - but cant find the disk anywhere - no doubt Ive put it somewhere ''safe''.

Anyways - if anyone happens to have this disk laying around - I will gladly purchase it, and pay for a courier to deliver it next day.

Without this am screwed totally, and unless I find another copy of it, am gonna hafta end approx half my listings by tomorrow night.

Default Re: Wanted desperately - but a long shot

The only one I've got is the Serif Draw Plus - which I bought years ago. Is that anything like what you're after? Its in my book store if its of any use.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

The only one I found is on Feebay

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    In the late 90's there was a piece of software called Micrografx Windows Draw 6.

I still use it all the time.

Picked up a virus yesterday which ko'd half my hard drive software, and went to re-install micrografx - but cant find the disk anywhere - no doubt Ive put it somewhere ''safe''.

Anyways - if anyone happens to have this disk laying around - I will gladly purchase it, and pay for a courier to deliver it next day.

Without this am screwed totally, and unless I find another copy of it, am gonna hafta end approx half my listings by tomorrow night.
    I've got Micrografx Small Business & Print Studio, It's got Windows Draw 5, Picture Publisher 6, Instant 3D, & ABC Media Manager, if it's any good to you. It's still in its original box, haven't used it for yonks.
    I know it's an older version, but might keep you going until you find your disc.

What OS are you running? I just tried installing it on XP, & it said it couldn't find W95 or NT, I'm fairly sure it worked on W98.
    It seems it will install on XP if you use W95 compatibility mode.
    Sierra Software, bought the product from Micrografx, & did have patches on their site to make it run in XP, but it seems activision bought sierra. The patch for Draw 5 is called wd5p1.exe Windows Draw 5 patch

Last edited by Gothicina; 6th April 2011 at 04:38 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Hi guys - thanks for offers and help.

When I got this software all those years ago, I purchased another couple of copies of it ''just in case''.
    I gave one to a mate to look after - he got divorced and his wife gave all his computer stuff away, including my disk.
    The other one I gave to a mate who moved to Australia about 4 years ago.
    I called him at 3 oclock this morning.
    He still had it, so he packed it into an iso file, and uploaded it to a file host website. I downloaded it from there, but for some reason it had dropped the draw.exe file to run it.
    As a desperation measure, I did a search on my own computer, and lo and behold, the draw.exe file was one of the few files from this programme which was unaffected, so I copied it into the file I downloaded and it worked.
    I now have a clean copy of it on my puter, another clean copy on my external drive, 2 cleans copies on cd, and one on a memory stick.
    Without this programme, I couldnt do any of my designs apart from my magnets (unless I re-did around 20,000 images using another programme) - it was just the way I had it all set up.

Goth - I seem to recall that draw 5 was missing something for me, so I dont think I could have used it - but thanks anyways.

Bbplayer - I was going to purchase that one until I called my mate in australia - thanks anyways for help.

BabsnRay - unfortunately Serif handles drw files in a different manner - similar to Coral draw, but thanks again.

I eventually got to bed around 8 am this morning for the first sleep in around 36 hours - had a bundle of outstanding orders thanks to this dang virus, and wanted to get them up to date so I could sleep easier! (was sods law that Monday evening had been my busiest day so far this year by a long way)

Still not got rid of the virus totally (Zbot.G virus), but getting there slowly but surely.
    (It had attached itself to around 3,000 individual files). It doesnt even show in the active processes file, so cant be stopped in there either
    Fortunately I do an back up of all my images once a week (around 80gig of them) to my external, so none of them were affected).

Still got one file which I simply cannot delete - it keeps telling me it cannot delete it as it is not an empty folder, but I cant see anything in it - that keeps trying to start up, but my Winpatrol keeps stopping it again.

Had to revert to Outlook express for my emails - still unable to run Thunderbird.
    Took 6 hours to get Firefox up and running again!

Thanks again for help guys.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 6th April 2011 at 11:34 AM.

No problem - I did think it was a long shot. Glad you've been able to get what you're after.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use Microsoft Greetings 2001 for most of my picture editing.I'm sure the likes of photoshop are good but,you can't beat the oldies!

Glad you've got it sorted, don't envy you the marathon session to fix it.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information