Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Store listing & bulk edit confusion.

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Store listing & bulk edit confusion.

Not really sure if I am posting in the correct place but I have a few questions and yes I have read the help and info questions already. I have already have listings but have now set up my store.

1..Do I need to list all items again for the store ?
    I have done a few so far but when using the edit feature to move items from auction to store its changing all auction items to the same as store ones ie: with no reserve.

2..Does anyone know the pros and cons of having auction/store items at different prices ?

3..The Brand section ..is this visible to buyers searching on ebid or should I be putting the brand in the title or will having it in the description be sufficient ?

I had a minor panic this morning when I noticed that when an item is listed in the store it shows as duplicated in my view of listings ..is that correct ?

Hells-Grandma

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Store listing & bulk edit confusion.

Q2. Stores are just a means of organising and displaying your items. Their content is not separate from any items not placed in a store. So, if you list two of the same item with one placed in a store and one not, then they would be treated as duplicates by eBid. This means there is no answer to Q2 as it is posed based on a misunderstanding of what stores are.

Q3. The Brand field is only used (currently) when items are uploaded to Google for Search Engine Optimisation. If you want the brand name to appear in your viewable listing then you need to include it within your listing somewhere. Either the title or description as you deem fit.

Minor panic: Answered as for Q2.

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Q2. Stores are just a means of organising and displaying your items. Their content is not separate from any items not placed in a store. So, if you list two of the same item with one placed in a store and one not, then they would be treated as duplicates by eBid. This means there is no answer to Q2 as it is posed based on a misunderstanding of what stores are.

Q3. The Brand field is only used (currently) when items are uploaded to Google for Search Engine Optimisation. If you want the brand name to appear in your viewable listing then you need to include it within your listing somewhere. Either the title or description as you deem fit.

Minor panic: Answered as for Q2.
    Many thanks for your reply .. so I really ought to remove the non store listing so that all that is left is purely the store listings .. I need to save my aged eyesight , seeing double is strictly reserved for over indulgnece of Merlot.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    Many thanks for your reply .. so I really ought to remove the non store listing so that all that is left is purely the store listings .. I need to save my aged eyesight , seeing double is strictly reserved for over indulgnece of Merlot.
    LOL! Glad astral got that worked out for you. I prefer Irish coffee myself.

List items once and use the drop downs within the listings to add the listings to your store(s) or not, your choice.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information