Thread: Bigamy in Britain.......

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bigamy in Britain.......

Quote Originally Posted by redmerlin777 View Post
    Thanks for that Papa..

Thank you Pink For finding another link.

There are many countries where polygamy is allowed. In each of these countries it is accepted that a man may only have another wife if he can support her and her subsequent children.. Many wives are a social and finacial status in these countries and local social systems are in place to ensure the welfare of the family group, either by law or local customs.

In our culture Bigamy is illegal.
    I cannot understand how the benefit system can support a known illegal claim.
    Presumably now all religious and cultural claims for many wives will be acceptable as long as the loopholes are followed to the letter!

Maybe if I divorce my husband I will get all the benefits I cannot claim now, Then I could take on another few richer fellas as well and live in financial harmony for the rest of my life. Especially if I train 'em up right!
    LOL! I'd be happy to start a harem, but I've already got a furry one.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Only the Telegraph piece is old. The Express piece is up-to-date.
    Is it. The article on the Express link is dated Monday February 4,2008 at the top

Monday February 4,2008
    By Gabriel Milland Political Correspondent
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    LOL! I'd be happy to start a harem, but I've already got a furry one.

What has that got to do with having a harem? Ta daaa

One wife at a time is enough thank you.
    (luckily the missus doesnt have an Ebid account)
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Is it. The article on the Express link is dated Monday February 4,2008 at the top
    So it is. The colour is so light I didn't see it. I did notice the much darker text above left of that which has today's date.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fossy View Post
    What has that got to do with having a harem? Ta daaa

One wife at a time is enough thank you.
    (luckily the missus doesnt have an Ebid account)
    LMAO! No wonder they used to tell me I needed a smaller foot or a bigger mouth...

View arms87's Feedback (+321)
    All-About arms87
    View arms87's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm all about freedom of choice, society shouldn't support one lifestyle more than another because I'm also about equality.

I am personally against marriage because I see it as a religious ceramony that keeps two people together, and when they wish to seperate it's not just a case of it was nice while it lasted take care see you around, it's usually a very destructive process of divorce. That is my view everyone wont agree I believe traditional, gay or polygamous marriage is fine. It need not be a single man in a multiple marriage, a woman could have many husbands or it could be a varied mix of both sexes living and loving together. Whatever keeps people happy in this sense should be allowed and not demonised by the high and mighty.

I do not support the idea of benefits for bigamists any more than I support tax breaks for traditionally married couples. I don't want to be married, I'm not religious, I see religion as a contagious mental illness usually caught in childhood from an elder, which keeps the brain infantile. I don't want to support a system divised by sum guy who centuries ago was sick of seeing rich men getting all the women leaving none for the weak males, so inventing the system of strict monogamy on an or else basis of 'god' will punish, and the totally uneducated masses believing this nonsense. The ceramony takes advantage of female psycology and ensures even the lamest man can get a girl.

Recently a TV presenter suggested tax breaks for smaller families to keep population down, while I agree we need to drastically reduce human population, this is another form of inequality, how about a flat rate of child income support regardless of family size? I know women who sit in council houses taking drugs popping out babies for the free cash..

anyway back on topic guys, Adams had his speech and lost the religious demographic of his market :P

Sorry about earlier mudle concerning publishing dates.... here's an Update that makes me sigh with relief.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/237768/237768

I am not concerned if people are married to one or two or more or not married at all.... each to their own.
    I just don't like the idea of subsidising an illegal situation.
    This is Britain and we have laws.
    When I travelled and lived in other countries I was very aware of their Laws and had enough respect to observe them, even if they were alien to my own beliefs and customs.
    I would expect everyone in Britain , wether visitor or citizen,also to have enough respect to abide by British laws.
    Our constitution is well tried. laws can be changed and frequently are for the safety and wellbeing of residents here.

All I wanted to say was..... I believe that all taxpayers should not have to support those who are "Playing the system "
    We are so lucky in Britain to have this safety net for when things go wrong in our lives.It is about time that we cut back on handouts to those who have no respect for the Welfare state and get it back to helping those who REALLY need help such as the disabled and those who through no fault of their own are desperately short of money.

I am sure Aneurin Bevan is turning in his grave at what has happened to his dream!!!!
    Last edited by redmerlin777; 8th April 2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: inserting link
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redmerlin777 View Post
    I am sure Aneurin Bevan is turning in his grave at what has happened to his dream!!!!
    Was that the guy known as revolving Bevan?
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

Thread Information