My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: All Right, I'm started!!

Default All Right, I'm started!!

OK folks, here I go! I've gotten some listings done, and just to check it out, I did a google search on the charts we are exclusive on and we were the first listing in the search!!! THAT was exciting! I'm still trying to get out of my extra charges for fees state of mind, but have reduced the shipping prices over my greedbay listings (I believe that shipping and some of the paypal fees are costs of selling which should be covered). I haven't shipped international for awhile so please be patient! I know how to ship priority, but is there an international first class envelope we can/have to use from the US? What will be the extra paperwork? Most of my items are less than a pound to ship.

Does anybody use on first bid option? Is it better than regular start listing now? I imagine it would extend the listing for a long time. Will it move the lisiting to the bottom like list until sold does?

What are some of the things you're doing to get buyers here? I see we have a number of sellers!! How are fellow crafters doing with your listings? We are abit different from other sellers, lots of crafters have a stash which they have been using instead of buying new stuff over the past year.

We have needlecraft supplies...yarn, cross stitch and needlepoint. We are no longer carrying yarn since we don't know enough about knitting/crochet and it's just too expensive to carry all the fibers and colors. If you are interested, please check out our store Cross Stitch Etc.

Well, it's good to know we are getting exposure, just hope we get some sales soon! I did invest on the lifetime membership so we have some catching up to do!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: All Right, I'm started!!

Welcome aboard hope you do very well here. You might consider emailing all your prior customers just to let them know where you are now.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FerretsForever View Post
    Does anybody use on first bid option? Is it better than regular start listing now? I imagine it would extend the listing for a long time. Will it move the lisiting to the bottom like list until sold does?
    While you might be tempted to list items as Run Until Sold or n days from First Bid, doing so pushes your listings right to the bottom of search results - where they will remain. Consensus appears to be that the best tactic is to list items for 8-10 days and set Auto Repost to 10. This will allow items to percolate to the top of search results each 8-10 day period but still run for 80-100 days (about 3 months) without any intervention on your part. Of course...it is hoped the item will have sold long before that period has elapsed.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congrats, well done!

Agree with SherMari about e mailing old customers. Also astral is right about RUS versus auction style listings, though I personally prefer RUS, as I don't like to relist items, due to large volume and time constraints, (OK, I'm lazy, let's call it what it is).

First bid just means the auction won't start til someone makes a bid, I don't think it affects the position of the listing, only RUS/auction style listing does that, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here).

I only use Priority Mail boxes, (as I sell mostly jewelry and like the extra security of shipping with boxes), so I can't help with the 1st class questions, sorry. Maybe someone who ships a lot using 1st class international post will have more info. about this.

Oh and welcome to eBid from a fellow NCer.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    View jrunyan1's Feedback (+1935)
    All-About jrunyan1
    View jrunyan1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome. I have found that running auctions for 14 days works best for me. That keeps your listings out of the basement. Have fun, happy selling.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    First bid just means the auction won't start til someone makes a bid, I don't think it affects the position of the listing, only RUS/auction style listing does that, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here).

<puts hand up> Oooo!...Oooo!... Miss!...Miss!...

OFB is the worst of all. Even comes after RUS (in the default sort order) when displaying search results.
    Last edited by astral276; 9th April 2011 at 11:23 PM.

I use first class all the time. You can print with PayPal. Tia ships more international than I do so if I am wrong she will let us know. You fill out all the custom forms on line and then they print out when you print the postage. For some countries you need the glaseen envelopes from the post office. I think you can order them on line. Hope this helps.

Thread Information