eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bearly any sales, is it something I'm doing wrong?

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bearly any sales, is it something I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomnomnom View Post
    Thank you for the resposnes.
    I'll switch RUS off and I'll put postage costs back on. I originally had them both seperate but from experience on other websites (not just eBay), the free post items sold better, I thought that might of been the case here as well.
    I do have gallery pictures, but for views a lot of the items have 0. Pricing wise, I've tried to keep them lower than elsewhere, but if I'm getting 0 views maybe it is how I'm doing the titles, especailly if they're uncommon and people do not know what they're called or even that they exsist

I do send out items to other countries, but sadly with the USA I have to meet the bioterroism act requirements, which can be more upset than it is worth especailly if an item is refused. I did send sweets to the USA when I first started this business, and I did everything they instructed me to, and although every parcel was sent correctly and notice was given prior to the arrival, some still had some issues and were returned.
    I would still like to send items to the USA, and things might of improved a bit since I was sending them so I will look into it again. At least maybe I can try to get the non-foodstuff up forsale to USA customers, as there shouldn't really be problems with them.
    As already suggested, there is no limit to how many auctions/sales you run so why not do both P & P included and P & P extra and let the customer decide which is best for them? After all if they want a large order and you offer a limit it may be in their interest to buy more and save on postage. Good luck

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluejypsy View Post
    As already suggested, there is no limit to how many auctions/sales you run so why not do both P & P included and P & P extra and let the customer decide which is best for them? After all if they want a large order and you offer a limit it may be in their interest to buy more and save on postage. Good luck
    If the OP does that for the same items they'll have duplicates, which ebid will remove.

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If the OP does that for the same items they'll have duplicates, which ebid will remove.
    Really? I didn't realise that sorry. just assumed that if the postage was included on one and not on another that made them different. Sorry, my mistake.
    (Wonders off to check my listing ...............)

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Forum Newbie
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View titch1313's Feedback (+673)
    All-About titch1313
    View titch1313's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have been using ebid for 2 mths and i have only sold 7 items i sale better on ebay. there is people looking on things but they do not buy, i have to take them off as i sale them on ebay.so i think something is wronge sumer myself .

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Titch1313

Welcome to ebid.
    I would have thought that most people would be fairly happy with 7 sales on a new site for them.

We all know that ebay is much bigger than ebid

Why do you think people look on ebid, but do not buy ?
    I'd love to know the answer to that as well, as I get more views on ebid than I ever did on ebay.

I hope your grammar is better on your listings than in your forum post.

Best of luck, and I says stick with ebid or ebay will keep putting op their fees and terms etc.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 12th April 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Titch1313

Welcome to ebid.
    I would have thought that most people would be fairly happy with 7 sales on a new site for them.

We all know that ebay is mch bigger than ebid

Why do you think people look on ebid, but do not buy ?
    I'd love to know the answer to that as well, as I get more views on ebid than I ever did on ebay.

I hope your grammar is better on your listings than in your forum post.

Best of luck, and I says stick with ebid or ebay will keep putting op their fees and terms etc.
    I would be thrilled with 7 sales that early on a new site. I think everything takes time and I'm happy to be part of the continual growth of Ebid. I sent a link today and asked all of my Facebook friends to at least join the site and look around.

Forum Newbie
    View PiggysRule's Feedback (+93)
    All-About PiggysRule
    View PiggysRule's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are myself & others That started listing on ebid in the last couple weeks, we have had people search under our ebid name & they get we have no items listed when we do. How do we make sure we are listing in the US ebid, & if we are why is this happening?

Thankyou
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by mspiggy1 View Post
    There are myself & others That started listing on ebid in the last couple weeks, we have had people search under our ebid name & they get we have no items listed when we do. How do we make sure we are listing in the US ebid, & if we are why is this happening?

Thankyou
    Sue
    How did they search for your username?
    If they just put it in the search box, it will not bring up your items, as it searches items listed, nothing else.

To search for a username they need to use advanced search & 2nd tab which is user search.

If I look from eBid US I can see you have 2 items listed, if I look from any of the other sites it shows 0 because you do not ship anywhere else.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View Sierraoutlets's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Sierraoutlets
    View Sierraoutlets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Been on eBid for about a week now... And no sales yet.
    I'm hoping the sales will at least match that of ioffer or eCrater. I'm not expecting eBay, of course, but at least iOffer.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraoutlets View Post
    Been on eBid for about a week now... And no sales yet.
    I'm hoping the sales will at least match that of ioffer or eCrater. I'm not expecting eBay, of course, but at least iOffer.
    I see you joined 4 days ago Sierraoutlets. I have just looked at your listings and see Run Until Sold - this means that your items will be at the back of the listings. You will get much better visibility if you list them for say 7 days with 10 auto reposts - this will mean they will keep working their way towards the front of the listings.
    4 days is early days - this is a completely unique environment in its own right - take a little time to get to know it and I am sure you will find it will be worthwhile. Every site is different - just got to adapt I think.

Thread Information