Thread: Postage Label

Forum Newbie
    View Balloonshop's Feedback (+5)
    All-About Balloonshop
    View Balloonshop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Postage Label

Hi,

I have been browsing the other threads regarding the printable invoice page all afternoon. As an ebay seller and amazon seller we have decided to give ebid a try due to the very inviting fees etc. I have uploaded 1017 items this morning from 1 of our 4 accounts selling a variety of different items. I was very impressed how easy it was and think the site is spot on...However....
    We recieved an order.....and had no idea how to print it off to despatch it!

Firstly I worked out that you needed to send an invoice to the customer before being offered the print invoice option on the AAL. I then though I had cracked it. I printed it off and found that it was no good.

The great thing about ebay and amazon is the ease of dispatching the orders. They both print perfectly on the same lables.

The printable invoice is not actually far off and only needs a few changes in order for it to be exactly like it.

The from and send to addresses are positioned correctly but do need to be repeated underneath (a few more spaces down than where the order starts at the moment though) so that when you peel the label off you can still see where the order has gone. Otherwise you are left with a piece of paper just with the item details on it and not where ti has been sent.

Just by doing this it would make it exactly the same as the amazon printable lable and perfect for sending out orders.

I know you don't want to make a clone of the ebay and amazon sites but do feel that this is a really important issue, that has actually delayed us uploading the rest of our items. As we are worried about delaying orders due to the time consuming way of printing a label.
    Best Regards,

Katie.
    Balloonshop

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Postage Label

I am only a small-time seller, so my needs differ to yours, Katie.

However, most purchases I have made on eBid have not included a printed invoice, nor do I particularly want one.

As for the orders I dispatch, my own compliment slip is all that I enclose.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post

As for the orders I dispatch, my own compliment slip is all that I enclose.
    I have even been known to use pen and paper.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

One of the drawbacks to importing listings from eBay is that the listings contain many references to eBay. Since you are on eBid with these listings, this may offend some buyers who are not pleased with eBay. I do not know what the eBid policy is for having so many eBay references in a single listing. Perhaps someone with more eBid experience can comment on the do's and don'ts of importing eBay listings and what is allowed.

This is one reason why I did not import my listings yet (very, very few compared to you). I have a very customized template designed for eBay. I am developing a new listing template that will be site independent. Just in case I want to try other sites.

Although I have an eBid account from April 2009, I just recently came back to try the eBid site. I am lurking in the forums to understand eBid and see how it works. I have learned a lot in the past weeks and should try some listings soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balloonshop View Post
    Hi,

I have been browsing the other threads regarding the printable invoice page all afternoon. As an ebay seller and amazon seller we have decided to give ebid a try due to the very inviting fees etc. I have uploaded 1017 items this morning from 1 of our 4 accounts selling a variety of different items. I was very impressed how easy it was and think the site is spot on...However....
    We recieved an order.....and had no idea how to print it off to despatch it!

Firstly I worked out that you needed to send an invoice to the customer before being offered the print invoice option on the AAL. I then though I had cracked it. I printed it off and found that it was no good.

The great thing about ebay and amazon is the ease of dispatching the orders. They both print perfectly on the same lables.

The printable invoice is not actually far off and only needs a few changes in order for it to be exactly like it.

The from and send to addresses are positioned correctly but do need to be repeated underneath (a few more spaces down than where the order starts at the moment though) so that when you peel the label off you can still see where the order has gone. Otherwise you are left with a piece of paper just with the item details on it and not where ti has been sent.

Just by doing this it would make it exactly the same as the amazon printable lable and perfect for sending out orders.

I know you don't want to make a clone of the ebay and amazon sites but do feel that this is a really important issue, that has actually delayed us uploading the rest of our items. As we are worried about delaying orders due to the time consuming way of printing a label.
    Best Regards,

Katie.
    Balloonshop
    It might help if you showed an example to support.

Can you do an invoice/packing slip without selling an item, or edit an existing one to replace the actual address with something generic, for either Amazon or eBay?

If you can, I suggest you send that, & maybe a copy of the eBid Invoice, so that support can see how much alteration would be required, to support@ebid.net
    Obviously I don't know what software you have on your PC, but many applications will give you the option to save as a PDF file, which should save all the size info perfectly, in a format support can see.

BTW welcome to eBid, & congratulations on getting your first sale so quickly.

I just checked your items in light of #4, you do need to remove your postal address & phone number from all your listings, as having them in your listings is against eBid's T & C, If you don't they may all be removed. It would be nice if you replaced the references to eBay with eBid as well, you should be able to do all that using bulk edit.

You can have your postal address on your About Me page, but not your phone number.

You also cannot have your email address, or links to any e-commerce site (including other auction sites) in your listings or your About Me page.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 11th April 2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pocomocomputing View Post
    One of the drawbacks to importing listings from eBay is that the listings contain many references to eBay. Since you are on eBid with these listings, this may offend some buyers who are not pleased with eBay. I do not know what the eBid policy is for having so many eBay references in a single listing. Perhaps someone with more eBid experience can comment on the do's and don'ts of importing eBay listings and what is allowed.
    The Posting of contact details is not permitted.

Name:  contact.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  18.4 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a small seller, too, and use the Paypal print out for my packing slip.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to be able to print a shipping label from ebid it would so easy. One big problem I have with Google check out is that you cannot print a label from there either and you cannot print a first class label from the post office yet so it just puts me in a bind trying to get a shipping label printed unless they pay with PayPal and I have to go to PayPal to print the label. Would very happy if we could print the label in eBid

The OP ballonshop has had all listings removed??? And the ebid id has a strike-though in the id name. Did eBid remove the listings because they were imported with all the references to eBay in them???

I am sorry if my post asking about ebid policies on eBay imported listings caused them to be deleted. That was not my intent. I have similar issues if I imported directly which is why I brought the question up.

The import feature while useful is limited as most eBay listing cannot be imported without taking some customization from eBay.

I do not think ballonshop intent was to break ebid rules but I found the ebid response to be harsh and abrupt. Certainly will not give ballonshop a warm feeling about eBid.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I import eBay listings into another UK site they automatically strip all mention of the competition from the listings. Surprised eBids software doesn't do this as well
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Thread Information