My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Shipping world wide --

Default Shipping world wide --

Hello--Our business is new to eBid and we sell hard to find antique and collector car auto parts. We sell alot of body parts world wide and each part, or group of parts, can be shipped in various ways. For example a set of fenders for a 1929 Buick, shipping to Canada by frieght can be cheaper than UPS, and the same fenders to Australia, we would ship with UPS to an overseas carrier, to be shipped in a crate to Australia to keep costs down. Some of our buyers from other countries already know of an overseas carrier in the US that they ask us to ship thier parts to them. When looking at the shipping calculator it gives me the option to "Sell Abroad" or "not" too. Is there a way to have it say " We will ship world wide and contact seller for shipping/freight cost" ? If I am reading everything correctly we will not be able to reach customers from outside the USA because we cannot calculate shipping costs for each country prior to the customer inquiring from their specific counrty. Any help would be appreciated--Thanks!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Shipping world wide --

Quote Originally Posted by partspickers View Post
    Hello--Our business is new to eBid and we sell hard to find antique and collector car auto parts. We sell alot of body parts world wide and each part, or group of parts, can be shipped in various ways. For example a set of fenders for a 1929 Buick, shipping to Canada by frieght can be cheaper than UPS, and the same fenders to Australia, we would ship with UPS to an overseas carrier, to be shipped in a crate to Australia to keep costs down. Some of our buyers from other countries already know of an overseas carrier in the US that they ask us to ship thier parts to them. When looking at the shipping calculator it gives me the option to "Sell Abroad" or "not" too. Is there a way to have it say " We will ship world wide and contact seller for shipping/freight cost" ? If I am reading everything correctly we will not be able to reach customers from outside the USA because we cannot calculate shipping costs for each country prior to the customer inquiring from their specific counrty. Any help would be appreciated--Thanks!
    Hi and welcome to eBid.

What about selecting the countries/regions you're willing to ship to and adding " We will ship world wide and contact seller for shipping/freight cost" ? to your notices for each auction this applies to? Would this help?

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Default Re: Shipping world wide --

Hi Sue--I tried that and the calculator requires weight if I try to use calculated and then will will ask for specific shipping i.e. USPS, UPS, ect......if I try same flat rate it askes for a cost. I looked at one of the auctions and it said something along the lines of no shipping to the UK on it.

Thread Information